Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blood streaked vaginal discharge

blood streaked vaginal discharge

My period finished around a week and a half ago and since then i have had unprotected sex with my partner twice. The day after the second time we had sex, i had a blood streak in my discharge it wasn't a lot and i remember this happening years ago but i didn't really pay much attention as i wasn't a health anxiety sufferer, anyway the next two days my discharge was clear and normal so i thought great! But then yesterday i had a pink tinge to the discharge which i presume is blood mixed in with the discharge so i became worried again. Today i have had normal clear discharge so i don't know what to think or do. I had a smear test two months ago and it came back clear so i don't know if i should contact my doctor or not. I don't want her to think it's just my HA causing me to worry but everything you read tells you to contact a doctor if there is blood at any time other than your period. I don't want to ignore something that could be potentially dangerous for my health.
    Anyone with advice please help me out!
    I have a therapist for my HA that i see and i have been doing great for the past few weeks and i am on medication which has helped hugely for my HA, i no longer get the physical symptoms of HA but the worrying thoughts are still there and i do get teary still. My doctor calls me every week and she is calling me on Tuesday so i do not know whether to mention it to her or not and i see my therapist tomorrow morning. I am in a pickle.

Re: blood streaked vaginal discharge

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyGirl30 View Post
    Anyone with advice please help me out!
    That should read "Anyone with reassurance help me out!". I saw you posted something but changed your mind and deleted it. I would assume it was the same reason. Whatever you did to reassure yourself and delete that thread, I would do again

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have posted an almost identical issue myself so I can't offer advice and have had no replies to my post. It is a strange relief to know this is happening to someone else. I'd be interested to know what your gp says as I won't be able to see mine until Thursday!

I am looking for reassurance i won't deny that. But i am worried about seeing blood when i am not on my period surely that isn't right. I wanted to see if any other women have experienced this as i do not know if it is normal or not. Everywhere i have read, blood any time other than your period you should seek medical advice so i am unsure on what the right thing is to do.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    I have posted an almost identical issue myself so I can't offer advice and have had no replies to my post. It is a strange relief to know this is happening to someone else. I'd be interested to know what your gp says as I won't be able to see mine until Thursday!
    Sorry to hear you are experiencing the same thing. It is so worrying because we don't know if its normal or not.

I am sure it is hormonal or some other simple explanation but my head always thinks the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietyGirl30 View Post
    Everywhere i have read...
    Good 'ol Dr. Google Everything I read (and I discard all the sinister crap that comes up) says it's typically due to irritation from sex, especially if there wasn't enough lubrication. You're presuming, Googling and feeding the dragon IMO

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Good 'ol Dr. Google Everything I read (and I discard all the sinister crap that comes up) says it's typically due to irritation from sex, especially if there wasn't enough lubrication. You're presuming, Googling and feeding the dragon IMO

Positive thoughts
    Hi,
    Yes I've had this but I'm older than you. If it happens straight after sex it could be due to a small tear in the posterior fourchette which is common in pre-menopausal and post-menopausal women. The posterior fourchette is a fork-shaped fold of skin at the bottom of the entrance to the vagina. Estrogen cream to the area helps this.

Other than that it could be a myriad of things, so a trip to your Dr would be wise.

It was the morning after sex. My doctor will be calling me Tuesday so I will mention it to her then I just hope she doesn’t dismiss my concerns as health anxiety.

Are you on the pill? I’ve had this happen twice and it was down to that. Unless this becomes a constant thing no need to worry and considering you only had a recent smear test I think that should’ve really put your mind at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Liddy1993 View Post
    Are you on the pill? I’ve had this happen twice and it was down to that. Unless this becomes a constant thing no need to worry and considering you only had a recent smear test I think that should’ve really put your mind at ease.
    Nope not on the pill either. Tbh we aren’t using contraception as we are trying for a baby. I had a miscarriage back in June so we were trying again but not putting to much pressure on each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information