Thread: Sudden dizzy spell- brain tumour?!?

Sudden dizzy spell- brain tumour?!?

Yesterday I was walking to the cinema with my husband, when I had a sudden dizzy spell, which felt really odd and scary: like the ground was moving underneath me, like nothing was real, like I might pass out. I immediately feared it might be a brain tumour, and looking back I remembered a time recently when, for a split second, I couldn’t picture what my house looks like (Memory loss, confusion: another symptom??).
    I know dizzyness is an anxiety symptom, but I don’t think I was feeling anxious at the time. (Although my health anxiety has been spiking in recent days...).

Any reassuring words, or “pull yourself together” words would be so gratefully received! Thank you thank you!
    Jojo x

Re: Sudden dizzy spell- brain tumour?!?

You won't thank me for reassurance so I'll just say what you said...Your HA has been spiking in recent days and this is an example of it doing its worst....xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You won't thank me for reassurance so I'll just say what you said...Your HA has been spiking in recent days and this is an example of it doing its worst....xx
    Thank you, wise friend!
    Have you ever had dizzy spells, Pulisa? I have before, mainly when I am focusing on brain issues, but this one was really horrid and maybe worse. I didn’t mention it to my husband at the time (just quietly fretted), and he didnt notice, so I can’t have been actually “swooning”.... but I felt so STRANGE. Like reality had fallen off its axis. Oh I hate HA. Yesterday it was Panic Cancer!!!! (But of course, as usual, THIS one is the REAL one!!)

I was at my friends house the other day, his training to be a doctor (by the power of my other anxiety issues I never talk to him about HA stuff.). He is the most calm and chill person every, he suddenly grabbed onto his kitchen counter for a few moments because he said the room was spinning and he thought his legs would fall out from under him. After a little time had passed, I was still on high alert for him while he had shrugged it off rather quickly. All I'm saying is, while it's hard to push away the fear. There's a 101 other things that could have caused that dizzy spell!

Yes I do and ironically I have just had one...They can be very disorientating. I think we just have to accept them for what they are-harmless dips in blood pressure/ changing head position/ tiredness/anxiety/random blips/low blood sugar.. and just get on with the day? Focussing too much on their significance doesn't help xx

I don't think that is how brain tumours present themselves and as a h.a expert �� my gp told me brain tumours are also pretty rare. I get this feeling on and off
    even watching tv. I don't think it sounds like anything serious.
    Last edited by Pearly queen; 29-10-18 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseAndy View Post
    I was at my friends house the other day, his training to be a doctor (by the power of my other anxiety issues I never talk to him about HA stuff.). He is the most calm and chill person every, he suddenly grabbed onto his kitchen counter for a few moments because he said the room was spinning and he thought his legs would fall out from under him. After a little time had passed, I was still on high alert for him while he had shrugged it off rather quickly. All I'm saying is, while it's hard to push away the fear. There's a 101 other things that could have caused that dizzy spell!
    Ha! Yes doctors are always the absolute last to worry arent they?!?
    It’s good to hear he just let it pass without panicking though, thank you!

---------- Post added at 09:32 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    I don't think that is how brain tumours present themselves and as a h.a expert 😊 my gp told me brain tumours are also pretty rare. I get this feeling on and off
    even watching tv. I don't it sounds like anything serious.
    Thank you so much for replying pearly queen. It helps so much to know you relate!
    Xx

Thread Information