Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really stuggling with anxiety about eyes and hearing

Really stuggling with anxiety about eyes and hearing

I am currently having treatment for very blurry eyes caused by dry eyes. I have been prescribed FML eye drops for 8 weeks by doctor at the eye dept at hospital. Reading the leaflet that comes with drops it says should have regular eye pressure checks if taking them for more than one week as these drops can possibly increase eye pressure but consultant at hospital didn't mention this and not due to go back til Jan. I am on week 2 now. Started to panic that the pressure in my eyes could be getting high without me knowing and read online that this can cause sight loss as can get glaucoma from high eye pressure! Tried calling hospital over and over and emailing them but haven't been able to speak to anyone yet.

On top of worrying abut my sight, today while having my hearing aid repaired at the hospital I had my ear syringed with microsuction as while there it was found there was a build up of hard wax. Did experience a small short amount of pain in ear during the procedure and have noticed my hearing is now worse than before I had it done. Despite being told there is still a small amount of wax still in there which they will take out when go back in few weeks after trying soften it with olive oil, I have convinced myself now that this small bit isnt the cause of the hearing loss and my hearing has been permanently damaged by the procedure as heard this can happen and it really worrying me now. Wish I never went there now.

I am trying everything to distract myself from worrying about my hearing and sight but it is becoming unbearable. I just cannot convince myself that the chances of anything being wrong are probably small..

Re: Really stuggling with anxiety about eyes and hearing

Regarding your eyes, I think in your case the pressure is irrelevant. The drops contain a steroid, in some cases this might cause an increase in eye pressure, but it's for glaucoma, which it doesn't sound like you have.

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    Regarding your eyes, I think in your case the pressure is irrelevant. The drops contain a steroid, in some cases this might cause an increase in eye pressure, but it's for glaucoma, which it doesn't sound like you have.

Thanks for your reply at least now I might be able to get some sleep tonight. I'll keep on trying to contact the hospital though just to get their opinion as well.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Just reading about another person who had bad experience with microsuction ruining their hearing and my anxiety has shot up again. Really terrified now. God, why did I let them do it to me. Going to try and call the audiology at hospital tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    Just reading about another person who had bad experience with microsuction ruining their hearing and my anxiety has shot up again. Really terrified now. God, why did I let them do it to me. Going to try and call the audiology at hospital tomorrow.
    Dr. Google claims another victim

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dr. Google claims another victim

Positive thoughts
    The microsuction post I read was on another forum. Just going to try and get some sleep and see how feel in morning.

Didnt sleep very well. Ear still feels the same. Hooe I can get hold of soneone about both ear and eyes today. Need reassurance. Got to ho to work thus morning as well.

Didnt sleep very well. Ear still feels the same. Hooe I can get hold of soneone about both ear and eyes today. Need reassurance. Got to ho to work thus morning as well.
    I've had a good read about this, I had some minor inner ear surgery as a child and my poor father is very very hard of hearing despite using high tech hearing aids. We've both had our ears syringed, I can't really recall it of course as I was so young, but I can tell you this, the technique You had done is far safer. Even if the patients ear drum is actually damaged Prior to this they can still perform this. It is possible to get harmed doing this procedure, that is true, but exceptionally rare as it typically involves the patient for whatever reason having a violent or sudden movement (like a fit or uncontrollable sneezing I suppose). My guess is you've an imbalanceof air pressure, have you tried pinching your nose, closing your mouth and gently pushing the air, as if breathing out, but not letting the air escape? This will change the pressure in your ear canal. I hope it helps ps I used to love the cartoon of stressed eric

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    I've had a good read about this, I had some minor inner ear surgery as a child and my poor father is very very hard of hearing despite using high tech hearing aids. We've both had our ears syringed, I can't really recall it of course as I was so young, but I can tell you this, the technique You had done is far safer. Even if the patients ear drum is actually damaged Prior to this they can still perform this. It is possible to get harmed doing this procedure, that is true, but exceptionally rare as it typically involves the patient for whatever reason having a violent or sudden movement (like a fit or uncontrollable sneezing I suppose). My guess is you've an imbalanceof air pressure, have you tried pinching your nose, closing your mouth and gently pushing the air, as if breathing out, but not letting the air escape? This will change the pressure in your ear canal. I hope it helps ps I used to love the cartoon of stressed eric
    Thanks for your reply you probably right about the air pressure. I'll try giving that a go and see if helps. Yeah I used to like that cartoon too, dont seem to see it these days.

Still haven't managed to get through to hospital regarding having eye pressure checks while on FML eye drops. I have not stopped taking the drops without talking to a doctor though still feel uneasy with not having confirmation i am ok.
    I apologise for going on about this - any problens to do with my eyes or hearing just terrifies me.

Still haven't managed to get through to hospital regarding having eye pressure checks while on FML eye drops. I have not stopped taking the drops without talking to a doctor though still feel uneasy with not having confirmation i am ok.
    I apologise for going on about this - any problens to do with my eyes or hearing just terrifies me.
    Tomorrow if you can't get through(seems strange you can't ) could you ring your gp instead? I'm confident all is well, but I understand you would like a doctor to say that, doesn't seem a big ask.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information