Thread: 4 months on 15, 2 months on 30mg and 5 days on 45mg

4 months on 15, 2 months on 30mg and 5 days on 45mg

Hi All, so I thought I would post up a bit of my history with mirtazapine... back in august I sufferers my first episode of MDD with a tad of severe anxiety for pudding! Got referred to mental health team and after trying various drugs (sertraline, hydroxyzine, citalopram, pregabalin, oxazepam, diazepam, promethazine,quetiapine, gaba supplement, and pro-gaba(crosses blood brain barrier) one drug that has remained consistent until Poop - out is mirtazapinez
    So
    15 mg a I remember feeling like I got hit by a train for weeks, that settled really quickly and it quickly kicked the depression out but unfortunately left me with anxiety. So we upped to
    30 mg - no tiredness, no increase in side effects just kicked the anxiety slightly but unfortunately this one pooped out and the depression creeped back in so it's time for 45mg
    45 mg - other than bong a bit tired in the mornings there has been hardly any increase in side effects no increase in appetite and I can take it in the evening and even stay awake and drive if need be!

Just for people who worry about side effects what I can say is I have actually lost weight on this drug a 2 1/2 stone to be precise, I have no increase in appetite ( for a while I did crave alcohol which was crazy!) but I just wanted to say that mirt sometimes gets some bad press but actually it has a lesser side effect profile than all meds I've touched and it does a quick job at kickin depression in to shape... anxiety well it takes a little longer!

Re: 4 months on 15, 2 months on 30mg and 5 days on 45mg

So have you found that the 45mg has helped with the anxiety? I have GAD and had my dose upped to 30mg 2 weeks ago. Had a few good days last week but this week anxiety feelings have been pretty intense. I have a feeling the doctor may suggest upping to 45mg next week but I'm apprehensive.

Re: 4 months on 15, 2 months on 30mg and 5 days on 45mg

It seems to be helping :-) don't get me wrong it ain't a magic bullet. Mornings are tough and I have some nausea from the increase but it seems to be working it's my 6th day on it so far.

Thread Information