Thread: Breast lump found :(

Breast lump found :(

Hi,

I discovered a smallish lump surrounded by what feels like tissue on the underside of my left breast.

I found it during my usual 5 day check after my menstrual cycle. I have prodded it ridiculously on and off til nearly 2 weeks later I got an appt.

They have referred me and she seems to think it may be a Fibroadenoma.

I am convinced it is something sinister.

Weirdly though the more I prodded it last night the less it seemed obvious last night, which I have no idea why that could be.

As I am 37 I feel that from what I have read Fibroadenoma are more for younger woman.

Can anyone offer any advice please?

Re: Breast lump found :(

Does it move around? Is it hard/rubbery? If so, sounds like it could be a Fibroadeoma. It could also just be normal breast tissue.

Good luck, saying a prayer! I'm sure everything will be fine! *hugs*

Hi Leslie,

It isn't rock hard, it feels like a small grape/pea and is feels smooth and firm. It almost feels like there is fibrousy tissue connected around it.

It is mobile most definitely.

I have fibrocystic tissue on both breasts on the upper parts, I think I must be prone.

I haven't got very big breast but you can feel everything.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Petrified

So I've been to the breast clinic today and got seen very quickly.

The initial assessment was done and the lady said she wasn't concerned but would send me for an ultrasound, she said it felt different when I was lying down to standing up, she also said it is mobile which is good.

So then the ultrasound, they were lovely checked over the area and although she wasn't concerned as she wasn't sure she would do a core biopsy, which to be fair other than some blood and soreness after was straight forward.

She mentioned fibrous tissue but has recorded a lump or area of 7mm on the notes, I asked her was it like my fibrous tissue in my upper quadrant and she said it was different to the other tissue in my breast and that was it.

I went back into see the other lady who confirmed a ten day wait for the results. She was suprised she did an ultrasound as she thought it would be confirmed as nothing. She said they hadn't put any concern or serious notes on the paperwork and she said the majority come back benign but obvs couldn't confirm this.

If the doctor wasn't sure how can she be sure it's nothing serious?

I'm ill at the thought of it all.

I'm 36 and have no history in the family but after reading stories it means nothing.

Sick of lumps, there's always a lump somewhere

Re: Petrified

It must be a very scary time, I don’t have experience but just wanted to offer some support. Take comfort from the positives they offered you xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Petrified

Hi,

Thanks so much, I appreciate your kind words

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

*hugs* I'm so sorry you have to wait on results. I know how scary that is, I've been there. I had a core biopsy back in November 2016. Mine came back as benign scar tissue. Mine was firm, like a rubber ball but moved easy. It was a difficult wait. It really sounds like they're not worried so hang onto that. Praying!!! Feel free to PM me while you wait. I'm going Wednesday to get s lump checked so I understand the fear. Also, in my 30s with no history.

Thanks Leslie, it's awful.

My mind went into overdrive when she seemed really unsure.

I was kind of surprised she would say she wasn't concerned when she wasn't sure what it was.

I guess I am hoping for all she wasn't sure, she obvs thought it didn't look bad.

My head's all over.

Hope all goes well for you

Thread Information