Thread: CBT for Health Anxiety? (Specifically MS of course)

CBT for Health Anxiety? (Specifically MS of course)

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone was in the New York area and could recommend someone for CBT + Health Anxiety?

I've been struggling with this MS anxiety for almost two years now. I have highs and lows with it but I don't want to think about this for the rest of my life. It's exhausting and there are so many other beautiful things to think about rather than this.

I find it weird that I am not frightened by any other diseases/illnesses just this of course.

I have persistent tingling/pin poke sensations/weird skin sensations and my brain defaults to MS and I start thinking about my life with the disease and I haven't even been diagnosed. IT'S NUTS. I don't want to think about this anymore.

Re: CBT for Health Anxiety? (Specifically MS of course)

I can't recommend anything in your neck of the woods, but CBT is effective against health anxiety and good luck. Your specific fear is arbitrary, as all health anxieties are, and tingles are a ridiculously common anxiety symptom, but sometimes you need professional help to help let the logic seep in. As I say, good luck and hope you find some help.

I have a LOT of MS symptoms and I’m so afraid of it! I even got MRIs of my head and spine and it’s all clear. But symptoms are still here and getting worse. It’s so annoying and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by AfraidofMS View Post
    I have a LOT of MS symptoms and I’m so afraid of it! I even got MRIs of my head and spine and it’s all clear. But symptoms are still here and getting worse. It’s so annoying and scary.
    I’m right with you. Not with MS but with tongue and throat issues. I keep feeling symptoms so I think it’s something serious and this has been since the end of June. I’ve had a scope done, CT scan and all said everything was normal.

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

I keep thinking it was misdiagnosed or that something will flare up now.

Thanks guys. @AfraidofMS I can tell by your username, you're struggling with this. What other symptoms do you have? Currently I am going through a dizzy stint where I feel dizzy all the time but I keep thinking about feeling dizzy so it may just be somatic. Not a day goes by where I feel nothing or don't think about having MS! It's crazy.

My only symptoms though now are:
    -Vision (flashing lights etc)
    -Dizziness
    -Prickling, tingling, numbness

For about 2 years now I've had the above.

Thread Information