Thread: 17 year old heart problems ?

Exclamation 17 year old heart problems ?

Hello, so I've had on and off chest pains on the left side with upper back pain between the shoulder blades. Sometimes the pain would radiate to my left arm and I had to see a cardiologist. The doctor took my blood work, ECG's, and Echocardiogram but all of the results came back normal. So I was convinced that the pain had to do with chest wall etc. However, the chest pains and left arm pain returned after a month and it has been lingering the past few days. My question is, since my ECG and Echocardiogram came back normal, this shouldn't have anything to do with the heart right ? When the left side chest comes, it would come out of nowhere pretty intense with the back pain and last a minute or two. When I workout, I don't feel any pain.

Re: 17 year old heart problems ?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The odds of having significant heart disease that would cause you to have a heart attack at the age of 17 is next to zero and the fact that you don't get the same pain when you work out makes it even less unlikely.

Chest pains can be caused by a number of things and gallbladder pains can cause pains in the chest and the arm. A lot of people say a gallbladder attack feels like a heart attack... Not saying there is anything wrong with your gallbladder, just showing that there are other things besides the heart that can cause chest pains. Maybe its muscular or maybe it's your stomach etc.

They checked your heart and it's okay so hold on to that knowledge when the pain strikes again. You will be okay

The chances of it being heart related are virtually zero as Careful1 pointed out.

Are you male or female?

Thread Information