Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Re: Headaches

Ive just started some new medication for pain relief and its made my headache worse, im hoping it settles down in a few days.

Am currently suffering from a shooting pain in the top of the right side of my head above and around where my ear is. It seems to hurt when I take a proper deep breath or if I tense up. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Panic33 View Post
    Anyone get brain fog (unable to think) when then have a bad dull headache due to anxiety?

Looking for info on headaches and came accross your post - brain fog (to me) is tterrifying.
    Luckily there is a bit about it in Claire Weekes book Essential help for Nerves- it has helped me to understand it but 'every' time it happens - i get scared and scramble for the book to reassure myself.
    To the other 'posters' my hubby is feeling real bad his headache right frront forehead has lasted 11 weeks so far. The doc gave him pracetamol.
    Best wishes
    June

Hi Budgie
    I too suffer from CH and have done for 22 years and like you was undiagnosed for a very long time. Episodic with normally 4-5 cycles a year which last 2-3 weeks each. I'm sure my anxiety is a result of CH and am totally with you on how you don't commit to things in case one comes along. I had to cancel my summer holidays as two days before I was due to go along came a cycle. I hope you are currently pain free! I have just finished another cycle, 4th one in 3 months which is blowing my anxiety through the roof! GP has just put me on citalopram to see if that prevents the CH which is an added bonus for helping with anxiety. Hopefully it works but only time will tell.

For those of you who need clarification on cluster headaches I suggest you check out www.ouch-us.org or clusterheadaches.com or do a search on cluster headaches on You Tube. The pain of CH is debilitating, pain killers do not touch them at all.

Hi people, im new to this site and have just been reading your comments about headaches which i find interesting. Does anyone work on computers all day as their job? I have been suffering with anxiety for about 3 years now which was brought on by an inner ear disorder which wiped me out for about 8 months. As a result i have had to deal with so many different neurological symptoms in the past 3 years.

The last year or so i have been experiencing sudden aches/pains above both eyes and am convinced its caused by muscle tension as a result of straining my eyes staring at computer all day. I have been through the whole seeking scans, doctors opinions etc.. so im not going to worry myself, but these symptoms totally freak me out when they occur. They are not normal headaches as they don't last very long, but quick jolts/pains that last a matter of seconds. Anyone experience this?

If i feel relaxed these symptoms don't happen so i know its stress related. Problem i have is that i work in a busy studio and feel under scrutiny from work collegues around me, which causes me to stress out easliy and currently im having real problems focusing on computer for long periods at a time because my vision feels weird and cos of the various head pains.

Be great to what you guys think.

Wilts

hiya everyone the for the last few weeks now i have been waking up with headaches and an aching jaw my partner has woke me up a few times now to tell me to stop grning my teeth!!i also get headaches in the day sometimes aswell and my neck feels really stiff and tight a few times i've had to go to bed with them and sit in the dark really horrible

Hi, I'm new to this whole thing and cannot say how pleased I am to have found some people who sound like me ... not to say I'm glad you are suffering. I used to be pretty laid back and absolutely nothing phased me, I'm a little ashamed to think that I used to think that depression etc were highly over exaggerated, and then slowly over the past few months things began to get on top of me and I bounced from one stressful thing to the next. I eventually ended up randomly bursting into tears all the time and a few weeks ago I had my second ever migrane and was bed ridden.. Since that I have had a serious of what the Dr thinks are tension headaches, pains behind my eyes and soft spots along my skull. If I stand up to quick I feel dizzy and have spots in my vision and I have constant noise in my left ear, to be honest it's driving me mad. I'm due back to work on monday and to be honest I'm dreading it, I feel weak and vunerable due to dizziness etc. I would be really interested in talking to someone with the same symptoms or anyone that has any tips on how to cope with these symptoms!!

Steph.

For the past two months I have had crushing headaches, which seem to get much worse in the night, mainly starting at the base of my skull, and then going right up the back of my head. I get a feeling of great pressure around my head too. This started really after I was left as sole carer for an aging father who has dementia. With these dreadful headaches come dizziness and a feeling of nausea and a "floating" feeling when walking. My heart races, and I feel as if I might actually faint (which I have done at the start of this episode).

Trouble is, I find it so hard to believe that stress and tension can actually manifest itself as a rewal and frightening physical illness! Am I alone in thinking this??

Quote Originally Posted by sarah jayne View Post
    Ive just started some new medication for pain relief and its made my headache worse, im hoping it settles down in a few days.
    I've been given Amitriptyline for headache and depression, I'm trying to stick with it, but at first it seems to make matters worse!

My headaches seem to come after a blip. they always seem to be at the front -its like a mask of pressure and dizziness goes with it more often than not. Is it postural vertigo?? I have found if I hold my head higher than usual it does releive it a little.
    JJ.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information