Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Valentines Day ...

Smile Happy Valentines Day ...

Here in the Southern Hemisphere it's already Valentines Day, so happy Valentines Day for those who are celebrating today and tomorrow

Yesterday, when my partner was at work I made a surprise Valentines chocolate cake (in a heart shape) which I gave him this morning. He surprised me too with a booking to our favourite Indian Restaurant for this evening.

I've been very excited lately because it's the countdown to our engagement in March, so I've been keeping an eye out for a ring. On Monday I found it and on Tues my partner purchased it and the ring has been sent away for re-sizing.

It's so crazy but I'm more excited this second time around and we're looking forward to celebrating with our friends and family in a few weeks time

Re: Happy Valentines Day ...

I hope you had a lovely evening, WM and how exciting that you are planning your engagement party and celebrations!!

Many congratulations and let us know how the planning is going? Why shouldn't you be excited-it's great news and you certainly deserve to be happy after all you have been through xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I hope you had a lovely evening, WM and how exciting that you are planning your engagement party and celebrations!!

Many congratulations and let us know how the planning is going? Why shouldn't you be excited-it's great news and you certainly deserve to be happy after all you have been through xx
    Thanks Pulisa for your kind comments. I'm sure our families won't be surprised but our friends will sure be
    We haven't even thought about an engagement party yet but think it will be fairly low key

Am hoping others will share their Valentine Day celebrations too.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Here in the Southern Hemisphere it's already Valentines Day, so happy Valentines Day for those who are celebrating today and tomorrow

Yesterday, when my partner was at work I made a surprise Valentines chocolate cake (in a heart shape) which I gave him this morning. He surprised me too with a booking to our favourite Indian Restaurant for this evening.

I've been very excited lately because it's the countdown to our engagement in March, so I've been keeping an eye out for a ring. On Monday I found it and on Tues my partner purchased it and the ring has been sent away for re-sizing.

It's so crazy but I'm more excited this second time around and we're looking forward to celebrating with our friends and family in a few weeks time
    So pleased for you, Lesley. Hope you enjoy meal and night out together

And trust us men to get ring size wrong

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    So pleased for you, Lesley. Hope you enjoy meal and night out together

And trust us men to get ring size wrong
    Thanks KK77, the meal was delish, you can't go wrong with a good Indian meal. It's the height of Summer here in New Zealand so the temperature is around 28 oC had to have a couple of wines to cool down!!

It wasn't my partner who got the ring size wrong
    The jewelers stock rings in size O which is too big for me (I'm size M) so it's got to be resized, that takes ten days. Living in a country with a small population, most jewelers don't stock rings in various sizes, even in the larger cities, so unless you are a size O you can't have your ring on the day you buy it! Mine will be ready next Friday (23rd Feb), so I'll be able to wear it covertly until we make the BIG announcement on March 16, which is also our 6th anniversary since we met

Oh I didn't realise that it would be a surprise for everyone!! Even more exciting!

Sorry I can't contribute to the Valentine's Day celebrations myself...It's a hellish day for my daughter so it's not mentioned in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Oh I didn't realise that it would be a surprise for everyone!! Even more exciting!

Sorry I can't contribute to the Valentine's Day celebrations myself...It's a hellish day for my daughter so it's not mentioned in our house.
    Yeah, because we've been together 6 years and never mentioned the 'M' word, our friends have presumed it's unlikely we'd make a formal commitment. My partner and I are both very cautious people and we've taken things slowly, especially as it's second time around for us both. We won't be thinking marriage for another couple of years!

I've got a couple of friends who's daughters married on Valentines Day then their marriages split up so Valentines Day is a bad reminder for them too :(

Aha, that's why you were sending the bloke all over the world to earn money then? For a big ring!

You guys sound like the honeymoon period never ended, which is good. After marriage though he has it in writing to forget important events and you have it in writing to never let him forget he forgot

Sounds like a nice day for you both. It's nice to hear some good news on here.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Aha, that's why you were sending the bloke all over the world to earn money then? For a big ring!

You guys sound like the honeymoon period never ended, which is good. After marriage though he has it in writing to forget important events and you have it in writing to never let him forget he forgot

Sounds like a nice day for you both. It's nice to hear some good news on here.
    Thanks Terry, yes the ring is very nice and because there are 4 jewelers in the same mall, (they are very competitive) we got it for half price, that was an offer my partner couldn't refuse so happiness all round

We really do have a 'honeymoon' every day as things are just so easy and life just flows along... we're both blessed.

ps. I'll definitely take your marriage advice on-board Terry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information