Page 343 of 384 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 3831

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

I'm in bits over this latest announcement. I'm day 8 into burning up and feeling horrendous and I'm terrified I'm going to get worse.

Prince Charles is 71 and recovered with ease. Try to put it into perspective, the PM is one of the unlucky few that have had to be admitted to hospital.

yeah that’s what baffles me, how come
    Some are pulling through fine and some aren’t?? It’s just really stressing me out now! Surely it can’t just be down to immune system, there must be different strains of the virus knocking about

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Prince Charles is 71 and recovered with ease. Try to put it into perspective, the PM is one of the unlucky few that have had to be admitted to hospital.
    Yes, I have a pal who's the same age as BJ and has recovered, Tom Hanks is older, and has recovered etc etc.

To be honest, BJ does not look the picture of health to start with and faced Corona with blatant and arrogant disregard. He was always going to be high risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalmers92 View Post
    yeah that’s what baffles me, how come
    Some are pulling through fine and some aren’t?? It’s just really stressing me out now! Surely it can’t just be down to immune system, there must be different strains of the virus knocking about
    There probably is but so far any mutated strains are showing almost identical behaviour. It all has to do with viral load and yes, your immune system just may be better equipped to deal with it.

The PM has most probably been exposed to a very high viral load upon contraction and his system just hasn’t dealt with it as well as others.

I also want to point out that he’s not dead, he’s still conscious and has been moved to the ICU in case he requires ventilation. I’d guess he’s showing signs of bacterial pneumonia so this decision has been taken.

He's not given himself any time off either has he. Worked all week from home. Plus the stress of running the country in a crisis.

At least Boris isn't yet on a ventilator... I hope he quickly recovers

But don't you see? Even with the flu there are severe cases / deaths in younger people, but we're only opening our eyes to that now because of COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    He's not given himself any time off either has he. Worked all week from home. Plus the stress of running the country in a crisis.
    Very true, stress can hugely impact on your bodies immune response. It’s awful that this has happened but maybe, if we’re looking for a silver lining, it’ll be a wake up call to everyone that isn’t taking it as seriously as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    Hi , I'm wondering if someone might be able to PM me. I have been to hospital (A&E) today, due to chest pains. I'm a bit angry really because my doctor told me to go there and I assumed I would be given an ECG and discharged but as things happen because I've had a sore throat recently I got put in the same room as "suspected covid patients".
    Now my anxiety is absolutely through the roof to the point i can barely cope, because i'm terrified i've caught it from the hospital.
    We did all have to wear masks upon entry and i was wearing gloves the whole time - but i'm terrified of airboune infection (since people in there were coughing) or it "hanging around in the air".
    I'm not really sure what I'm expecting anyone here to say to be honest... maybe there is nothing that can be said, but I'm just utterly terrified.
    That’s the nature of the beast right now I’m afraid. Anyone suspected of having Covid-19 must be immediately removed from the general populace in hospitals, given that people there are already sick.

Odds are you’ll be tested, show as negative and be told to go on your way.

Best wishes to Boris and family.

Remember also that he is a VIP. He will be given the best treatment and as a priority even as a lower risk case. Like Prince Charles who probably had the chief medical officer changing his orange juice

Page 343 of 384 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353 ... LastLast

Thread Information