Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Make sure you open window, if you have one, and mop floor, otherwise you'll get bad damp and be complaining about the smell again

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Make sure you open window, if you have one, and mop floor, otherwise you'll get bad damp and be complaining about the smell again
    Yes I could try mopping the floor.

I was hoping it wouldn’t smell since it’s floor tiles now though I open the windows but still get bad damp on the ceiling which is a pain

The floor still got wet with the towels just it’s a tad more wet for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes I could try mopping the floor.

I was hoping it wouldn’t smell since it’s floor tiles now though I open the windows but still get bad damp on the ceiling which is a pain

The floor still got wet with the towels just it’s a tad more wet for some reason.
    What a mither Phil I mean you obviously want to get better? Have a look at disability solutions they have a website and I called them and they put me in touch with a local OCD support group there maybe a similar group near to you too Is the place rented or your own?

As for the damp patch I would also install a small extractor fan and get the damp treated these mould spores aren't nice to look at and aren't good for your health either. The only other possible solution is to have a enclosed shower cubicle while you are doing your abloutions. Another thing you could get is wet vacuum machine that will suck up any excess water on the floor and will be easier to use and quicker than a mop and bucket HTH ATB
    Last edited by Bigboyuk; 21-10-17 at 12:19.

Update:

The wash basket is in the bin getting a new one however my girlfriend put a bag in the wheelie bin same bin the basket is in now I’m worried the gate, outside and inside door handle is contaminated.

She said she just touched the bin lid but she wasn’t able to wash her hands before closing the front door.

I’m now worried I have to wash my hands after touching doors and gates due to this as I had to wash my hands after opening windows since the window fitter moved my wash basket a few months back..

It’s hard to relax about it despite her not touching the basket the inside of the bin is contaminated by the basket..

Anybody?

Phil this is seriously getting out of control now (I know MH services are a bit sparse where you live so understand) One question if the old wash basket is made of recyclable material why was it not just left out side for collection? We are constantly on a daily basis touching things so based on that we would all be contaminated, and become ill but actually we don't become ill I mean you could get a pack of disposable gloves have you thought of this not sure if it would eleviate some of your concerns though. your condition wont get any better till you find some proper help I also know you have tried so hard. try contacting disability solutions they may be able to help in some way ATB

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Update:

The wash basket is in the bin getting a new one however my girlfriend put a bag in the wheelie bin same bin the basket is in now I’m worried the gate, outside and inside door handle is contaminated.

She said she just touched the bin lid but she wasn’t able to wash her hands before closing the front door.

I’m now worried I have to wash my hands after touching doors and gates due to this as I had to wash my hands after opening windows since the window fitter moved my wash basket a few months back..

It’s hard to relax about it despite her not touching the basket the inside of the bin is contaminated by the basket..
    Realistically Phil the out side bin would be full of germs any way after all it is a bin so the basket going in to the bin isn't going to make it any worse just because a washing basket is in there go figure? ATB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Phil this is seriously getting out of control now
    Respectfully, one read through the OP's history will show you the challenges and futility of reason. Sadly, it's why I stopped responding a long time ago.

I do wish the OP healing so he can actually live as opposed to exist in this constant state of distress.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Phil this is seriously getting out of control now (I know MH services are a bit sparse where you live so understand) One question if the old wash basket is made of recyclable material why was it not just left out side for collection? We are constantly on a daily basis touching things so based on that we would all be contaminated, and become ill but actually we don't become ill I mean you could get a pack of disposable gloves have you thought of this not sure if it would eleviate some of your concerns though. your condition wont get any better till you find some proper help I also know you have tried so hard. try contacting disability solutions they may be able to help in some way ATB

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

Realistically Phil the out side bin would be full of germs any way after all it is a bin so the basket going in to the bin isn't going to make it any worse just because a washing basket is in there go figure? ATB
    I never put the basket out as it would have touched the ground or maybe areas of the garden so wanted it away.

Sadly I may feel the door handle is contaminated now. I struggle with it as unlike many other ocd suffers cleaning it doesn’t make me feel any better. I could bleach handles and it still wouldn’t feel new anymore and would feel contaminated.

I’m not sure the germs trouble me not sure what it is. I just see it as contaminated or dirty

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

It feels like more and more of the house is contaminated and want to move it use to feel clean..

I never put the basket out as it would have touched the ground or maybe areas of the garden so wanted it away.

Sadly I may feel the door handle is contaminated now. I struggle with it as unlike many other ocd suffers cleaning it doesn’t make me feel any better. I could bleach handles and it still wouldn’t feel new anymore and would feel contaminated.

I’m not sure the germs trouble me not sure what it is. I just see it as contaminated or dirty

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:02 ----------

It feels like more and more of the house is contaminated and want to move it use to feel clean..
    I can only say moving house will only help in the short time and wont be a long term solution and it will only be a matter of time before the dreaded cycle comes round again. It's professional help you need with out that you wont get better sorry but that's how it is. ATB

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Respectfully, one read through the OP's history will show you the challenges and futility of reason. Sadly, it's why I stopped responding a long time ago.

I do wish the OP healing so he can actually live as opposed to exist in this constant state of distress.

Positive thoughts
    Yes can see that and I will say the same to the OP that I hope recovery starts sooner than later ATB

Phil, you moved out of your parent's home hoping it would change things for the better. Unfortunately, something similar now seems to be happening in your own house!
    The only way forward is to challenge the OCD using tiny steps. I know it is daunting but I think this will be the only relief in the future.
    There are some OCD charities who could offer support. So important to have someone to encourage you to chip away at this condition, which is causing so much distress.

Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information