Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: More breast issues and need some logical thinking

Re: Breast pain in one breast

I think we've supported each other.....with input from others too. This forum really does help doesn't it? XX

I’m always here If you need a friend

it does and I find a lot of people struggle to understand anxiety if they don’t have it. It’s an illness that doesn’t make much sense isn’t it x

Thank you and agreed. I only realise now that my mum suffered from anxiety, I knew she had depression but didn't really get the anxiety bit, as in I thought they were the same thing. They are very different. I wish I'd understood more then..xx

They’ve always been clubbed together haven’t they but you are right they are different. I suffer very low mood but my counsellor says I do not have depression.

So im trying to get on and I’ve had a few better days but it’s still niggling in the back of my mind and as predicted I’ve now started noticing other things like focusing on my private aching. It’s just non stop. Trying to keep busy. Just wish this breast pain would go away. Although I’ve not been poking it anywhere near as much. So hard to trust the Drs x

It is non stop. You've mentioned counselling but does that include CBT? That's what I'm going to ask for at my next GP appt...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole0134 View Post
    It is non stop. You've mentioned counselling but does that include CBT? That's what I'm going to ask for at my next GP appt...
    It痴 mainly been talking therapy. I知 seeing her tomorrow and going to discuss cbt. I知 in two minds to knock it on the head to be honest. I feel it痴 helped me lots and I知 not as bad as I was but it also feels like I知 not getting better anymore. Just staying at a slightly better place than when I first started.

Are yiu you still getting pains in your breast from this costochondritis? Like I say I知 not poking as much but still getting this stabbing pain at times. I just wish it would go away x

yep still getting the odd pain. I did have a wobble and email my very much trusted BC nurse who I normally see when I have mammograms to see if she thought I needed a ultrasound scan. She said what I am describing (shooting pains etc) still sounds like costochondritis. She suggested ibuprofen gel for a couple of weeks to see if that helps. I'm off on hols too so maybe that will be a distraction.

But like I said - until we kick the HA, something else will replace this worry. I was watching a news article yesterday which mentioned oesophageal cancer. My immediate thought was "those symptoms sound like what I've got!" BUT I did not google - and the thought sort of went away. I am determined NOT to google. Plus doing lots of breathing exercises...Got to give it our best shot, it's sucking the joy out of everything x

I get this, any time our bodies tense up it can cause pain, also as we women get older and our hormones change we can get one sided breast pain even during the time of the month, mine feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife.

I hear you Nicole. I read that late breast cancer can present as vaginal pain. I’ve been getting aches and sometimes pains down below. I’m trying to be relational and say it’s my brain putting it there. It’s so hard.

Ive not been poking as much but still getting this pain. Just wish it would go away. I’m pleased you can message a professional for some reassurance. I just keep panicking I’m that 1% of women that have breast painnbut no lump with cancer. Trying to stay logical x

I have NEVER heard that re vaginal pain?? You must have had to dig deep to find that one!!
    Why don't you give these people a call and speak to a breast cancer nurse - 0808 800 6000.
    They are the Breast Cancer Now charity - and you don't need to have BC to talk to them.

It is so hard. I went to my GP today as I can't kick a cough I've had for a while. Threw in the "by the way - I do have terrible Health anxiety too so not sure if it's linked" and got sent away with a load of "calming" websites to check out. I was hoping for some meds to be honest!

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information