Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derealisation - you will come through

Re: Derealisation - you will come through

Here is a paragraph from an article I wrote on my site:
    Hope this helps.

Just think about a person who is trying to absorb a lot of information in a short period of time such as studying for an exam. After a while the person's mind becomes tired and they feel as if
    they can't learn anymore information. So what do they do? They take a break and maybe go sleep. When your mind gets tired what do you do? For a person with anxiety they will continue to worry, check themselves and place too much importance on how they are feeling. Therefore, the body is smart and realizes that it needs to slow down the mind and use its safety mechanism. This is why you start to feel detachment, dream like and unreal feelings.
    Last edited by strongerthananxiety; 21-01-16 at 20:00.

Re: Derealisation - you will come through

Quote Originally Posted by strongerthananxiety View Post
    Here is a paragraph from an article I wrote on my site:
    Hope this helps.

Just think about a person who is trying to absorb a lot of information in a short period of time such as studying for an exam. After a while the person's mind becomes tired and they feel as if
    they can't learn anymore information. So what do they do? They take a break and maybe go sleep. When your mind gets tired what do you do? For a person with anxiety they will continue to worry, check themselves and place too much importance on how they are feeling. Therefore, the body is smart and realizes that it needs to slow down the mind and use its safety mechanism. This is why you start to feel detachment, dream like and unreal feelings.
    But what is the way to deal with them bearing in mind DP/DR make people even more anxious hence it's hardly a solution to the original problem is it? Otherwise it's just an explanation of what is already described as a symptom of anxiety.

I take it we have to pay that $37 to find out what the answer is, eh?

Red face Re: Derealisation - you will come through

Thank you so much Mac, I am honestly quite messed up because of this. I don't have a job at the moment, I just moved in with a beautiful guy (my bf) I should be happy but this is so debilitating..
    I feel like everything is in waves and doesn't look right...almost like I'm walking on a weird cloud or something but not in a good way, I can't concentrate...my memory and focus is weird and I just don't feel myself, I've been through a lot of trauma in the last few years but this is my worst symptom. It's constant, only relief is when I sleep or lie down and watch a movie...thank you for this reassurance, a lot of the stuff I read about people having it for years scares me so much and doesn't help me, I almost feel like there's no hope at times so your reassurance helps. Love and light Sarah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information