Hi all,

In the past I've had some pretty bad anxiety with traveling. I took a trip earlier this year 2018 and it was a very long drive, during the trip I experienced some terrible panic attacks but they always resolved as soon as I got to my destination.

The last trip I went on was to my gf's parents house for Christmas and it was another long drive. I did okay with the occasional tense moment but made it there okay. On the way back however I was okay up until about 6 hours into the drive. We stopped by a local marijuana dispensary and I thought I'd ease my nerves and take a small hit of some marijuana. It helped initially but then it hit me and I dropped into a massive panic attack. My hands were sweaty, my heart was racing, I felt like I couldn't breathe and was going to die. We stopped and I was able to go for a somewhat anxious walk but I calmed down after what seemed like hours.

My brain always convinces me its not just panic, its not just weed, etc. but something else and that I'm going insane. It's been almost 2 days since the ordeal and I'm still having intermittent attacks where I have to walk off alone and handle them for awhile.

I've always had traveling anxiety but this time it seems like its holding on. Last night it took me almost 2 hours before I was finally able to calm down after an episode. They're becoming less frequent but I feel like I'm suffering from some mild PTSD from the original event.

I've been suffering from panic/anxiety disorder for about 3 years now, have been on and off meds, seeing doctors, got therapy/counseling etc. I also run and weight lift quite a bit and follow a fairly good diet. I'm trying to stick to a routine and hopefully my mind will get back to a somewhat "normal" place.

Anyone else deal with this? How long has it lasted for you?