Thread: Heart worries... Back to the start once again

Heart worries... Back to the start once again

Heart worries... Back to the start

So I'm trying to reasonably but after the night I've had last night. I really wanna talk it out and see if anyone can connect with me on certain points.

So like I was up minding my own Bussiness when suddenly I start getting this dull pain in my left arm. I brush it off at first and keeping looking at my laptop. Yet then my breathing gets a big harder, my chest hurts and feels tight. I try to push along at first, then it becomes to much. Everything feels so bad, I'm sure this is it but I try to reason with my anixety.

Last year in around March a had special Bloods on my heart, some type of egc (I think it's called it looks at the rate it your heart) a chest xray. My doctor listen to my heart loads, taken my blood pressue loads. It all seems good. I've also had issue with reflux before.

This morning I did get some acid and lots of burping... (trying to hid that from my Co workers is hard!) but... A lot of stuff is still here. The chest pain etc etc (all the other stuff I listed). I'm trying to reason with my anixety and say the most possible outcome of this is just some type of acid issue.... But I'm struggling. It's been a long time since I felt something that intense. I hadn't been to bad about my health or anixety lately. Yet in the last few weeks I've been finding it harder and harder to sleep at night.

I've also had a head cold for a few days and it hurts my chest alot when I blow down my nose

So I'm 22 and I'm worried about having some type of heart attack. I've not told any of my friends and family about last night and I feel so alone. I promised myself in 2019 there would be no doctor appointments... Yet here I am struggling already. I'm very ashamed of myself.

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

I just wanted to add... I know in reality if this was happening since last night I wouldn't be kicking me... But I know I'm stupid in my behaviour

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

Anyone please? I'm half thinking of going over to the pharmacy to get them to check my blood pressue as I know if I told my Mam my fears that's what she send me to do. I don't know if it's feeding into my issue to much :/
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 13-01-19 at 10:46.

Re: Heart worries... Back to the start once again

Typical anxiety symptoms.

Anxiety especially health anxiety loves to mimic heart attack symptoms especially the chest pain. The chest tightness is a muscular response to an anxious state constricting it. Breathing is directly affected by your state of mind which in an anxious state you'll definitely breath heavy; it would also feel hard as chest muscles tighten up giving the illusion of difficulty. The dull pain on the left arm is most likely hyperventalation pain. Heart attack pains is a pain like no other and at 22 it's very unlikely.

Keep on fighting!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blast79 View Post
    Typical anxiety symptoms.

Anxiety especially health anxiety loves to mimic heart attack symptoms especially the chest pain. The chest tightness is a muscular response to an anxious state constricting it. Breathing is directly affected by your state of mind which in an anxious state you'll definitely breath heavy; it would also feel hard as chest muscles tighten up giving the illusion of difficulty. The dull pain on the left arm is most likely hyperventalation pain. Heart attack pains is a pain like no other and at 22 it's very unlikely.

Keep on fighting!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Thank you so much for the reply! Sorry for rambling and raving so much! I was just getting into a super bad head space. I didn't allow myself to go to get my blood pressure checked as I didn't want to feed into those habits again. I felt okayish for a certain part of the day now as night times comes back in, I can feel that arm pain and everything starting up again!

You made some really good points blast79! I've read over your reply and thinking to myself how good these points are. Trying to believe these more reasonable things then like a incoming heart attack or something lol! Which is still in the back of my mind

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

I actually want to cry....I did everything all evening to wind down. Then I get into bed and it all starts again...The arm pain...the chest pains...being breathless. I feel so lost and I have no one to lean on. I know I'm being annoying I just have no one to lean on and I'm scared I'm going to die in my sleep or something.

The fact this has been a symptom for nearly a year proves there's not an issue.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The fact this has been a symptom for nearly a year proves there's not an issue.

Positive thoughts
    Thank you for actually going to the effort of searching that up! That seems like a real lifetime ago. It's just what I needed seeing as I'm struggling really hard again tonight! Thank you once again

Pain in the arm and chest are symptoms of a heart attack. You have not been having a heart attack for a year. And you are far too young to have developed blocked arteries.

You're 22, the age I was when I first thought I was having a heart attack. That was 4 years ago, and I have only recently just moved on from the panic and dread.

I lost 4 years of my life. Please, please do not allow yourself to fall into the trap. If you keep googling, you will move away from thinking you're having a heart attack to something else, then something else, then something else. Every time you will want to run to the doctors for a round of tests. It's a never ending cycle.

Trust me, I've read a few of your other posts and I could have written them 3/4 years ago. The amount of nights I spent reading medical journals, feeling my pulse, checking my blood pressure for hours on end was absurd. I would even come on here to give other people advice while still convinced I was about to drop dead.

The only one who can overcome this is you. You have to work on it as soon as possible. Some people never get out of the trap. I have been on every forum imaginable and it's the same faces, sometimes from 10+ years ago, complaining of the same symptoms.

I wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Anxious View Post
    Pain in the arm and chest are symptoms of a heart attack. You have not been having a heart attack for a year. And you are far too young to have developed blocked arteries.

You're 22, the age I was when I first thought I was having a heart attack. That was 4 years ago, and I have only recently just moved on from the panic and dread.

I lost 4 years of my life. Please, please do not allow yourself to fall into the trap. If you keep googling, you will move away from thinking you're having a heart attack to something else, then something else, then something else. Every time you will want to run to the doctors for a round of tests. It's a never ending cycle.

Trust me, I've read a few of your other posts and I could have written them 3/4 years ago. The amount of nights I spent reading medical journals, feeling my pulse, checking my blood pressure for hours on end was absurd. I would even come on here to give other people advice while still convinced I was about to drop dead.

The only one who can overcome this is you. You have to work on it as soon as possible. Some people never get out of the trap. I have been on every forum imaginable and it's the same faces, sometimes from 10+ years ago, complaining of the same symptoms.

I wish you the best.
    Oh wow, thank you so much for taking the time to write me this! I've read over it a few times to really take everything in. I really hope the best for you and you can continue to move past the dread or any other worries. I know how trapping clearly it can feel.

Like, even though I wrote that post. I've gotten slight better, I've blocked any google search. I'm in therapy but sometimes I noticed when I;m trying to deal with another issue things like this seem arise again.

Like I tried to force myself away from the post for a few days- I still got some arm and chest things going on but guess what! I'm still alive and here. So, yeah. I was more reasonable in my thinking, like I noticed when I turned my head certain way or other things it caused a pull in my left arm....a few other things can could point wards this being a pulled muscle or something clearly not going to hurt me after this length of time! (Just writing this to show that there can be reasonable reasons for this happening.)

I felt strange and light headed so I tried to take my own pusle as that tends to happen after I've had a bad night but instead I've found it rather slow and very hard to find :(

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

Sorry for that break after trying to reassure myself.... Its just like I get overwhelmed especially at those times. Like I don't understand why I get worried about a on going painful left arm but where I am! Worried about it as I type.

Next week, I'm going away for a few days. By myself to another country, it was something I booked when I was in a better place and I'm worried now that I'll become ill or just drop dead! Like it's only 2 days alone then my boyfriend is joining me.

Like my mind keeps going to okay what if it isn't a heart what if its million other reasons

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseAndy View Post
    I felt strange and light headed so I tried to take my own pusle as that tends to happen after I've had a bad night but instead I've found it rather slow and very hard to find :(

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 ----------

Sorry for that break after trying to reassure myself.... Its just like I get overwhelmed especially at those times. Like I don't understand why I get worried about a on going painful left arm but where I am! Worried about it as I type.

Next week, I'm going away for a few days. By myself to another country, it was something I booked when I was in a better place and I'm worried now that I'll become ill or just drop dead! Like it's only 2 days alone then my boyfriend is joining me.

Like my mind keeps going to okay what if it isn't a heart what if its million other reasons
    Exactly. This is what anxiety does. The truth is, there are lots off factors which affect how palpable and slow/fast your pulse is. Mine fluctuates all the time and when I was in "the trap" it was a huge source of concern. One day it would be weaker than usual, or stronger than usual, or slower than usual, or faster than usual. This is NORMAL.

I can absolutely guarantee you that your arm pain is NOT heart related. It seems like you are coming to terms with that, and now your mind is convincing you that it could be something else. Best Google that just to be sure. DON'T.

I think for you, like me, the not knowing is a problem. See your GP ASAP and tell them your symptoms. They should be able to tell if it's muscle related with an examination. It may not be too ethical but you could make up symptoms, like you have been having palpitations and feel light headed when it happens. They will have to investigate.

Again, I think you're absolutely fine (physically) but if some tests would put your mind at ease it might be the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Anxious View Post
    Exactly. This is what anxiety does. The truth is, there are lots off factors which affect how palpable and slow/fast your pulse is. Mine fluctuates all the time and when I was in "the trap" it was a huge source of concern. One day it would be weaker than usual, or stronger than usual, or slower than usual, or faster than usual. This is NORMAL.

I can absolutely guarantee you that your arm pain is NOT heart related. It seems like you are coming to terms with that, and now your mind is convincing you that it could be something else. Best Google that just to be sure. DON'T.

I think for you, like me, the not knowing is a problem. See your GP ASAP and tell them your symptoms. They should be able to tell if it's muscle related with an examination. It may not be too ethical but you could make up symptoms, like you have been having palpitations and feel light headed when it happens. They will have to investigate.

Again, I think you're absolutely fine (physically) but if some tests would put your mind at ease it might be the only way.
    Thank you again for the reply! Like I mentioned earlier in the above post, I did have a whole load of heart tests done back in February/March of last year. Not because she believed there was something was wrong but because I kept saying it to her. So while I try to calm myself of this anxiety I remind myself of that, that she did look into it before. Any time I've gone after she listen to my heart and said my blood pressure was good....

So I think I have to live with that. Going back and asking for more tests may set me off again and keep needing more and more tests. Like the back of my neck is rather tense so it is probably muscle as it hurts with certain movements or leaning on it...like it happened on Saturday night! Surely if it was a heart issue it would have over taken by now .

Sorry for causing such a huge dance and song about it! I know I'll probably freak again at night but I;m trying to reassure myself. Put myself on the right path again about this and say a heart issue wouldn't really wait around and stuff!

Please don't think I'm brushing your advice away! It's been so lovely to have you reply to me . I know I doubt myself and the tests but like I'm trying to push on!

Thread Information