Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will i come out of this derealization???

Re: Will i come out of this derealization???

Hello,

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who has this. I never knew there was a name for this until 2 nights ago. I've had derealization since March 1997, the month before my 11th birtday. I was fine and all of a sudden a strange feeling popped in my head and I felt like I was dreaming. I've always been able to control my derealization and if I ever had a panic attack because of it, it only lasted for a few minutes. In December 2007 while I was preparing for my semester exams (stressful) away at school I suffered a really bad derealization attack and had to go to the hospital. I had also had a bad break up two months before. The doctor prescribed wellbutrin for me. I wasnt able to drive home, I lived two and half hrs away so my parents had to come and get me and take me home. All of december 07 I felt out of it. By January 16 2008 I started to come out of it and began feeling like my old self again. I was never thought I'd experience anything like that again and prayed every night that I wouldnt go through that again. 3 weeks ago I suffered another derealization attack and haven't been able to shake it since, it's been on my mind constantly non stop 24/7 since June 26. I feel totally out of it, my head is full of pressure, and I can't eat or sleep. I havent had a good nights sleep in almost 3 weeks. I'm on edge 24/7, i'm staying with my parents now because I don't want to stay by myself at my apartment. I was recently laid off from job in the school system last month so I know that has something to do with it. I went to the doctor tuesday and she prescribed me citalopram (celexa) and metoporol. I wish I knew that derealization was a real disorder at the time so I could tell her exactly what was wrong with me, she said it was anxiety. I have faith that I will get through this because I've gotten through it before. If anyone wants to talk about it, you can email me at queencity86@aol.com.

Re: Will i come out of this derealization???

Will Mirtazapine help me properly overcome my paranoia & anxiety, because I personally don't think I am depressed, so really don't know why else I have put on this medication.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information