Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally coming through my derealisation 👌 There's hope.

Finally coming through my derealisation 👌 There's hope.

Well it's been a tough few weeks. I could probably go as far and say I actually contemplated suicide as it's been so hard. I was existing not living. I couldn't get out of bed. Everything looked strange. Even down to a cup in my bedroom sent me over the edge. I constantly felt like I was a pair of eyes and was filled with dread and aggitation 24/7. I couldn't look at myself in the mirror and felt like everything was staring at me. Even my sons toys. I was afraid of everything. But I can honestly say at this moment in time I'm feeling a million times better. I'm not where I want to be but it's subsided so much and it's all thanks to my lovely phychitrist 😊 I spoke to her today on the phone and she made me laugh and she said my god Samantha it makes me so happy to hear you laugh. She said a beautiful girl like you should always be laughing and she said she's so proud of me 😊 I'm very lucky to have her. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can do this. Iv got this. All with the help of meds of course and if I have to take them for the rest of my life then so be it. We all need that little extra help sometimes. I'm not ashamed to say I take medication to keep me on a normal level. I have an illness. Anxiety, depression, OCD any mental health issue is an illness. Just like diabetes. But your can't see ours because it's in our minds. But that doesn't mean it's not real and we can't feel it. If you are suffering with this horrible condition don't suffer in silence. There's help out there. I got it. So can you. Loads of love to you all Sammie and Seth my cat lay next to me 😂

Re: Finally coming through my derealisation 👌 There's hope.

That's actually great Sammie. It's always good to hear some positives on this forum. This symptom is literally hell and it's good to see another person pull through it!

Thankyou ���� I'm not quiet there yet. Still having major mind chatter and random words said in my head before bed but I'll take it. Anything is better than what I was going through xx

Sammie I'm the same. I was so worried that it was hearing voices because I had no idea but when I go to bed I start thinking and I hear random conversations in my head. Like for instantance I was watching a show before I went to bed and I could hear theit voices I'm my head but if I needed to I could easily shut it out.

Bloody scary arnt they? My head is pounding today. The worst headache iv ever had. Paracetomol haven't even touched it and I feel abit anxious aswel. Just taking it as a bad day and hopefully tomorrow will be a better one x

It's great to hear you are getting some progress, sammie! That must be a massive relief after how bad it has made you feel recently.

Yep, just a bad day. That's the best attitude to take, we can't expect it to be gone, the fact it's getting better is all that matters.

---------- Post added at 08:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAge View Post
    Sammie I'm the same. I was so worried that it was hearing voices because I had no idea but when I go to bed I start thinking and I hear random conversations in my head. Like for instantance I was watching a show before I went to bed and I could hear theit voices I'm my head but if I needed to I could easily shut it out.
    It's a pain isn't it?

There is a known sleep phenomena similar to this known as Tetris Effect. (can you remember how that damn tune used to go round & around in your head when that game came out?! )

I've just wanted to know what it was. I looked up the tetris effect and I can't say I've ever thought it that way lol. It's just when I think about the show or a conversation it starts playing in my head and it sounds crazy but random words and voices start playing in my head. It's not like real voices that are outside of your brain but it sounds like thoughts. For example I was laying down last night watching a video. Its like I started hearing a violin and I got this tune stuck in my head. It wasn't bothersome but just weird lol.

Thankyou Terry. I get the voices, noises and images. Especially when I'm tired. It's a tired mind. It will pass. Are you on medication broken age? X

Nope, Im honestly terrified of medication

Hmm I think you should consider it to be honest x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information