Thread: help needed please

help needed please

hi people i would just like a bit of advice please
    my doctor said i suffer from depersonalisation
    i don't really no much about it but i have really really strange feelings that i struggle to describe. i feel like my family are strangers and when i listen to conversations and stuff that are being spoken downstairs it does not feel like I'm in there world. also when my mum speaks to me it does not seem right?? it seems really weird. i am really struggling around friends and stuff it makes me panic every time i see them ?? i feel like i have to be alone all the time. i also keep having thoughts about why I'm here and even thinking about doing everyday things e.g. shopping etc.. seems really strange to me as to why do people go shopping and stuff.
    i would just like some advice please if anyone else has been through something similar. many thanks

Re: help needed please

When it feels like your in a dream tell yourself everything that is happening. Look all the way to the left and say ok the cat is sitting. The window is open. My mom is baking. And so on just described r the entire room to yourself. I used to have this as a child and I used to do that and it helped me a lot. I hope it helps you! Pm me if u wanna chat

many thanks I'm just really scared all the time
    I'm sat here now and it feels like I'm not really here

I'm just coming through de realisation and what you said is the exact same thing I was having. I had a whole other frightening symptoms going as well but I had everything you said. My advise would be is to get yourself a good phychiatrist and good meds. That's what has helped me come back to reality x

Thread Information