Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: off out Today new year new Start :)

off out Today new year new Start :)

Every day i go out and push myself that bit more out of my comfort zone.
    i suffer with agoraphobia and panic
    but with my cbt Tools i feel ready to try walk away a bit from home
    Wish me Luck people.
    Has anyone Els been out of there comfy Zone today ?¿

Re: off out Today new year new Start :)

I'm planning to. I'm going back to work after a long-ish break and I'm terrified. However, I am going to my parents' house as well afterwards, and I'm afraid of that too, as I'm also agoraphobic. Even though I KNOW I'll live to tell the tale, I still want to say... hopefully, I'll live to tell the tale!

Awwww you will be back home happy you did it,
    & filling me in on your Day

I've got an amazing update on my day I'm really proud of.
    Not only did I go to work with no bother at all, felt well whilst there, but I also went on a mini walk by myself, and later on to a few shops. I had taken a Rivotril, but I wouldn't like to give the medication all the credit.

How did your day go?

Just wanted to say congrats to both of you and wonderfully done with your hard work. It will pay off!

YaY well done You
    Did not do nothing to be proud of sadly :(
    But did go out but in car never walked my mission is to start walking away from car.
    The car is my safety Net.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    Just wanted to say congrats to both of you and wonderfully done with your hard work. It will pay off!
    Thank you muchly l

Aw don't say that you've got nothing to be proud of. You left the house - that's a start.
    You'll make more progress soon, don't you worry.

Swgrl09, thank youuuu!!

Some days you just reinforce the previous progress you made or take a tiny step. As the cbt4panic chap says - even if you can just stay for 10 seconds more!
    Well done all

I Have a little up date well a big one To me
    i Walked from the comfort of the Car & my mr
    & walked all the way to my dads with my dad & baby in pram past ponds so no way could my Mr bring car to pick us up One proud Day ��
    I have been to my dads party in a pub stayed there a good 4 Hours before pubs partys get togethers was always a No No, but now its get dressed enjoy.
    First Time in Years i have gone out Bought christmas presents My mr did it year after Year So this year was a Good year for Me.
    Still got a long way to Go but new Year New Start push myself to limits & be proud of them All ��

Hi, I'm getting engaged in early March, we will have been together 6 years by then. This is second time round for us so we're both very cautious. We plan to get married sometime in 2021

I have CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome), I've had it for 30+ years. When I'm feeling well (ie very few symptoms and no stress/anxiety), I feel great about the engagement plan but when I'm feeling low, I think what's the point, I may develop something more serious and become a burden on my partner! We've talked about this and he's fine with it all. He had 3 stents put in 8 years ago so he's had his issues too. We both try to keep really fit and active.

I know many health issues are beyond my control and it's just my controlling and perfectionist mind talking, wanting to get everything just right. At our age things are going to crop up from time to time. I'm still learning to take the 'bad' with the good and feel OK with it which is challenging for those with HA.

I do walk every day for an hour which I really enjoy. Lately while I'm walking I do some positive self talk which say's "I'm fine the way I am, I'm not my illness, I am worthy of love and happiness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information