Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaning of life

Re: Meaning of life

If you go out to a party, night club, dinner or just doing something you enjoy do you spend the whole time questioning why you are there ? No you just enjoy it, approach life the same way, the meaning of life is just too big a question for anyone to answer. The reason you're here isn't as important as what you do when you are here

Lately ive had a thought like what if god controls our minds and we are all robots? A bit like free will ect but only worse he controls everything you think? Is this possible or far fetched?

Anybody?

No, we're definitely organic material.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Lately ive had a thought like what if god controls our minds and we are all robots? A bit like free will ect but only worse he controls everything you think? Is this possible or far fetched?
    This leads to circular arguments about whether 'God' exists and in what form.

There is no answer and it will mess with your mind thinking we're being controlled like automatons by an outside entity/being/force.

Better to focus on your mental health, Phil.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    This leads to circular arguments about whether 'God' exists and in what form.

There is no answer and it will mess with your mind thinking we're being controlled like automatons by an outside entity/being/force.

Better to focus on your mental health, Phil.
    Yes that’s true it doesn’t make me feel good at all but I wonder where all my thoughts come from this one seems to have taken over like solipsism.

I’ve had solipsism/existance/god questions/not existing or not feeling human

Has anybody else had this?

yes for years, ultimately there`s no one can say it`s this or it`s that. everyone has times when you think `what`s the point` or `where`s this all heading` but as with most things finding a distraction or something positive to aim yourself towards will always help

quantum physics in something that may help as it goes some way to explaining vibrational attraction, consciousness clouds etc but could also make your head hurt a great deal too. there`s also a school of thought that nothing we think is truly original, we`re just receivers for thoughts that are already bouncing round the universe and we pick up on them when the time is right

but it`s all just theory as far as I`m concerned. currently I definitely have a large brew and some hot cross buns and know 100% they will be entering my face very soon

hope your worries pass quickly

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    yes for years, ultimately there`s no one can say it`s this or it`s that. everyone has times when you think `what`s the point` or `where`s this all heading` but as with most things finding a distraction or something positive to aim yourself towards will always help

quantum physics in something that may help as it goes some way to explaining vibrational attraction, consciousness clouds etc but could also make your head hurt a great deal too. there`s also a school of thought that nothing we think is truly original, we`re just receivers for thoughts that are already bouncing round the universe and we pick up on them when the time is right

but it`s all just theory as far as I`m concerned. currently I definitely have a large brew and some hot cross buns and know 100% they will be entering my face very soon

hope your worries pass quickly
    Thanks I hope it passes quickly.

I worried about Solipsism and being the only one who existed for months. My head got bored and I moved on

Now this is another one of these questions and I’ve become obsessed with my thoughts and worry I am a robot. I worry I will go mad or something?

It started a few days ago and my head decided to focus on it and I googled lots and it never helped too much but I mean if I was controlled surely I wouldn’t be programmed to search for answers like this?

I worry about my thoughts a lot as I have ocd and worry why I get the thoughts?

DO you think its a wise idea to be reading up on philosophical theories like this Phil?

Mulling over indepth about us being robots controlled by god is not helpful for you, given your current mental health issues. Surely focusing on your known OCD issues and reading up on help for that is a more positive use of time?

I don't know if these types of thinking are usual for you, but if they aren't and it is a new manifestation of your thought processes then perhaps you should mention them to the medic responsible for your medications/mental health well-being.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    DO you think its a wise idea to be reading up on philosophical theories like this Phil?

Mulling over indepth about us being robots controlled by god is not helpful for you, given your current mental health issues. Surely focusing on your known OCD issues and reading up on help for that is a more positive use of time?

I don't know if these types of thinking are usual for you, but if they aren't and it is a new manifestation of your thought processes then perhaps you should mention them to the medic responsible for your medications/mental health well-being.
    No they are not unusual because a few months ago I worried about solipsism that’s the fear you are the only one that exists and life is an illusion. I was obsessed with that for months until my mind got bored. Deep questions of life and existence has troubled me for a while now and sometimes worry me in the same way at contamination worries affect me.

To be fair i have not spoke about them in a few months but they keep cropping up and this worry I’ve had is a similar pattern to my other ocd where it takes over my mind and I google

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information