Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heart palpitations after excercicing

Heart palpitations after excercicing

Hello everybody,

For a little while now I’ve had palpitations after excercicing. I do cardio everyday, 30-40 min of moderate walking or elliptical. My heart rate usually is in the 140-150 range.

Then when I get off the machine I start getting this weird feeling like my heart skips a beat, and makes me gasp for air. Last night was a bit freaky because on top of that I started feeling light headed and a bit dizzy (i think i went i to panic mode so that didnt help of course). I am afraid something is wrong with my heart, as I dont know if this is “normal” or not...

I sent an email to my GP and he’s going to send me to a heart clinic for a 24 hr heart monitor. He did say it didn’t sound like anything dangerous but he is doing it anyways.

Has this happened to anybody else here? Is it common and just a nuisance, or is it trully concerning?

Any feedback would be much appreciated since I’m panicking over this.

Thanks!

Rey

Re: Heart palpitations after excercicing

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Its much less likely to be seen in this sub forum by the general population of no more panic isnt it?

Anybody?

Hey Rey

I also get the same feelings of skipped beats after exercising. I also sometimes get a few during peak cardio around 160 beats a minute too

If you go through some of my other posts I’ve experienced these close to three years now

I’ve had many ECGs, few echos, cardiac MRI, few stress tests and all is supposedly benign.

I also asked my EP and he thinks that skipped beats after exercise are benign if there are no abnormalities found. I’ve even been experiencing skips every fourth beat at times captured on a Holter.

What testing have you had? Has anything been found too? I am guessing you may be 29 based on your username

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DivineAngle View Post
    Hey Rey

I also get the same feelings of skipped beats after exercising. I also sometimes get a few during peak cardio around 160 beats a minute too

If you go through some of my other posts I’ve experienced these close to three years now

I’ve had many ECGs, few echos, cardiac MRI, few stress tests and all is supposedly benign.

I also asked my EP and he thinks that skipped beats after exercise are benign if there are no abnormalities found. I’ve even been experiencing skips every fourth beat at times captured on a Holter.

What testing have you had? Has anything been found too? I am guessing you may be 29 based on your username

Cheers
    Hi yes I’m 29!

I havent had any tests yet because it literally just happened a couple of times last week. My doc referred me for a 24 monitor just to be safe, but he did say he didn’t think it was anything dangerous. We’ll see what the test shows...

It appears to be more common than I first thought, so hopefully its nothing to worrg about...

Thanks for your reply!

Rey

Good luck with the testing Rey. I am actually the same age as you. If you ever feeling like talking about this feel free to PM me too.

Good luck with the testing Rey. I am actually the same age as you. If you ever feeling like talking about this feel free to PM me too.
    Thank you DivineAngle!

Btw, I just drank a cup of coffee and I started experiencing the heart sensations earlier described. Is this “normal”?

I still don’t know when my heart monitor appointment will be, so in the mean time im kinda freaking out over this. I’m even afraid of going to the gym because of these stupid palpitations.

Rey

Yeah I get them on occasion when I drink coffee

I also had these at the gym and when I exercise. My advice is wait for your appointment. Quantify how many you are getting and suggest getting an ECHO to confirm structure of heart too

It is probably nothing serious if you have had an ECG though too.

Btw what part of Canada are you in?

Yeah I get them on occasion when I drink coffee

I also had these at the gym and when I exercise. My advice is wait for your appointment. Quantify how many you are getting and suggest getting an ECHO to confirm structure of heart too

It is probably nothing serious if you have had an ECG though too.

Btw what part of Canada are you in?
    Ive never had any testing done because its the first time ever that I’m having such symptoms... so yea, all I can do is wait.

I live in Ontario, it takes ages to get anything done.. so god only knows when the heart clinic is going to book my appointment...

I really hope this is just a combination of high anxiety and bad timing and nothing else.. I just had a complete blood work done not too long ago and it was all good... but thats all ive had as far as testing goes.

Rey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information