Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrified of DVT please help

Terrified of DVT please help

Hey everyone. It’s been a while. Back in August I started having pain behind my knee. I stand all day at work so I attributed it to this. Well fast forward in September I went to the ER for palpitations the doctor was very thorough and asked me many questions. Well I menioned to him that I had pain behind my knee and he was so amazing. He did a d-dimer test which had come back positive. So of course he ordered a chest X-ray. MRI with contrast, and an ultrasound. All came back fine with no signs of blood clots. Wooohoo!! The pain continued on and off for months. Sometimes I go a month without it sometimes a few days. I’m thinking more than likely varicose veins. I stand all day for work and I have for the past 9 years. Well today the pain has been really bad being my knee and it’s radiating up my thigh a little bit. Resting it definitely feels better. I called the nurse advice line for insurance and she basically told me everything I already know. Nothing significant at the moment. But follow up with a doctor. Which I plan to do definitely. But right now I am freaking out the pain is literally like an achy throbbing type thing. I want to go to the ER so bad. Because I am freaking out. I’m oretty sure it’s varicose veins because I have had this pain before. Idk maybe this time it’s different. Or maybe this time I just really got in my head. But I’m really scared about DVT I have had my head in google non stop. Can anyone talk me through this please

Re: Terrified of DVT please help

Quote Originally Posted by Worrygirl32 View Post
    Hey everyone. It’s been a while. Back in August I started having pain behind my knee. I stand all day at work so I attributed it to this. Well fast forward in September I went to the ER for palpitations the doctor was very thorough and asked me many questions. Well I menioned to him that I had pain behind my knee and he was so amazing. He did a d-dimer test which had come back positive. So of course he ordered a chest X-ray. MRI with contrast, and an ultrasound. All came back fine with no signs of blood clots. Wooohoo!! The pain continued on and off for months. Sometimes I go a month without it sometimes a few days. I’m thinking more than likely varicose veins. I stand all day for work and I have for the past 9 years. Well today the pain has been really bad being my knee and it’s radiating up my thigh a little bit. Resting it definitely feels better. I called the nurse advice line for insurance and she basically told me everything I already know. Nothing significant at the moment. But follow up with a doctor. Which I plan to do definitely. But right now I am freaking out the pain is literally like an achy throbbing type thing. I want to go to the ER so bad. Because I am freaking out. I’m oretty sure it’s varicose veins because I have had this pain before. Idk maybe this time it’s different. Or maybe this time I just really got in my head. But I’m really scared about DVT I have had my head in google non stop. Can anyone talk me through this please
    If you had a DVT the leg would be warm, red and you would not being able to walk. Blood clot symptoms are not subtle.

But sometimes DVTs don’t cause symptoms at all..... that’s why I’m a little awry about it. Because I do have pain.

But sometimes DVTs don’t cause symptoms at all..... that’s why I’m a little awry about it. Because I do have pain.
    Almost impossible that a DVT would mot cause symptoms. They almost always do. If you had a DVT you would hardly be able to walk. I am someone whom has a vein issue that puts me at risk of a clot. Believe me, your leg would be swollen and it would not just be a little bit of pain

So when I woke up this morning. I felt fine with no pain. But now I’m starting to think the pain is back and getting really anxious about it.

From what I've read, DVT doesn't work like that. Pain from anxiety and muscle stress is far more likely to come and go than something from a concrete obstruction like a blood clot.

I came to an urgent care. This is going to drive me insane. So I would rather have peace of mind.

I came to an urgent care. This is going to drive me insane. So I would rather have peace of mind.
    They are going to tell you the same that we told you...no clot. Especially since you just had clot testing done.

I have huge DVT fears too because I'm mostly sat at a desk all day. I get aches and pains in my legs when laying down and it causes me to worry which makes it hard to sleep. A friend of mine did have a DVT and for days before it was discovered he was looking pale, having trouble breathing, and was generally unwell. I try to reassure myself that if I'm not feeling like that it's probably not what I think it is.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Worrygirl, I can tell by your response of 'sometimes DVT doesn't cause any symptoms' that you've got that information from Google. 99.99% of the time they of course do cause symptoms. You have had this pain before, your doctor has tested you and you knew it wasn't a DVT then and isn't a DVT now. The what ifs are your anxiety taking a hold.

How did you get on at urgent care?
    You're okay, really. Try and believe this. It's easier to hold a thought than to hold a belief, but if you keep thinking it then you'll begin to believe it. I hope that urgent care reassured you. Xxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information