Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Freaking out over possible HIV

Re: Freaking out over possible HIV

Stress and anxiety can cause oral thrush flare up depending on bacteria in your mouth.

I really hope so. I am starting to feel better though, other than the oral thrush I no longer have any of those other symptoms. Maybe I just got a bad cold and the rest was just my stress and anxiety making it worse. Oral thrush does happen when you have a weakened immune system, and I'm sure the cold weakened my immune system and the stress and anxiety probably didn't help it either, I'm starting to become confident that maybe this was all just because I was so stressed out and worried. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated. Sorry for the late response btw, I had an exam today so I was studying for that and trying my best to stay focused on it.

While i have learned the hard way that sites love to list the dire stuff first (sometimes claiming it is the most likely), there are always other, less scary reasons. If you ever need to remind yourself of this... HIV has been around for decades, thrush has been with us for centuries..

I had thrush last year, and it was because i simply had dry mouth (i tended to mouth breath in sleep, which really dried it out). My mouth breathing was made worse because of my sleep apnea, but there are lots of reasons people may do it (deviated septum, congestion, etc). Don't focus on the extreme negative, especially when there are much simpler reasons to rule out first.

How long ago was this exposure? I ask because oral thrush is only present in people with full blown AIDS and not HIV.

Proud of you, keep studying! That's what you need to worry about! Your going to do great at the Doctor's

Thank you everyone for coming along with me on this journey. You're all too kind and have helped me get through this. Sorry I haven't been active on here, not much to tell since y'all helped me get over my anxiety and I've been busy with clubs and school. I can't thank all of y'all enough, I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Well today is the day, I'm waiting for my results and I'll be sure to tell you all how it goes. Thank you all, you guys gave me the confidence to know I don't have it, and now all I'm waiting for is to hear the confirmation that I'm HIV negative and free from all this stress, worry and anxiety.

Your going to do great!!!!! Can't wait to hear!

Good news everyone!!! I'm HIV negative!!! No more worries, or stress, or anxiety!!! Thank you to everyone who supported me and believed in me! I owe all of y'all so much and I can't thank y'all enough. This ordeal is finally over and I feel great!!! Now I can finally study in peace!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information