I'm on my second IUD - the first was a 5-year one, this one's for ten years, so there's more copper in it. I'm 26, relatively healthy other than vitamin d deficiency & resulting hyperparathyroidism. (Which is being treated. Just throwing it out there in case it's somehow relevant to this point...)

Basically since I got the new IUD put in at the end of August both of the periods since then were expectedly heavy, but there was also some cramping and spotting at the END of my period - a few days after I think it's over, both times - which I've never had before. I didn't have this with my first IUD but obviously there's more copper in this one so I don't know if that's a factor. I'm just wondering whether anyone else has had similar experiences as I know the IUD can affect bleeding for a few months afterwards, but as I didn't have this experience with the first one I don't know whether to ask a doctor about it or just chalk it up to an IUD with more copper in it. I'm worried that I might be missing something serious by assuming it's IUD-related, but also, it probably IS iud-related!