Hello,

I have recently being diagnosed with anxiety. I have always felt I was a very anxious person. Although recently things have got a lot worse. I now have the more common symptoms such as psoriasis and lack of sleep etc. However I have also had a sore throat now for around six months. I have had all the test and my doctor and the ENT doctors have both said my throat is not sore. It is so frustrating because I wake up every morning with a sore feeling in my throat. It feels muscular more than "sore" or an infection it's as if all the muscles inside hurt when I swallow. I have been reasured a little after reading these posts and realising some of you have also experienced the same thing. One doctor explained to me that with anxiety and the way I am breathing when anxious, acid can be formed. With acid reflux the muscles in the oesophagus and throat work "overtime" trying to return the acid back down to the stomach if that makes sense. I was told when they looked with a camera the muscles were swollen due to this. I hope this helps reassure some people, as I have been so worried and goggle this many times. Also I was taking a lot of ibuprofen because of the throat pain and he also said this table is really bad for producing acid.

Leanne