Home | Contact | Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Terms and conditions
User Name
Password
Health Anxiety Health Anxiety. Please check other sub-forums first to see if your problem should be posted there instead. E.G. the IBS forum, the symptoms forum, male/female issues. Please also read this Website page: Health Anxiety

Old 17-06-18, 11:45
UK administrator / Queen of overthinking

Re: Worried about this wound of mine that looks like a bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
You don't need shots. You need help for HA. Your family doesn't believe you as there's nothing for them to believe. Bats don't swoop in, bite, and then leave.
^^^^^^^ that

and your picture looks really quite healthy to me, no redness just healing scabs.... your body is doing exactly what your body is meant to do

Emmz xx

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Promoting male mental health through the passion of football - https://www.mindkicks.co.uk/

CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems

Old 17-06-18, 14:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilky44 View Post
You don't need shots. You need help for HA. Your family doesn't believe you as there's nothing for them to believe. Bats don't swoop in, bite, and then leave.

What's HA?

Well after telling my family and showing them the scabs that I have, my dad asked me if I want a checkup with a psychologist (I think I'm losing it)
After finding out that our area is surrounded with bats, I am now too paranoid to go out at night and also worried about sleeping with the windows open

What are the symptoms of a bat bite anyway? Here in the Philippines, you don't hear much about bat rabies cases especially in the city (it's mostly dogs & cats)... But that doesn't mean it's not possible
Old 17-06-18, 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbletea View Post
What's HA?
What is the name of the sub-forum you're posting on? I would definitely take your dad up on the offer.

Positive thoughts
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/
Old 21-06-18, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
^^^^^^^ that

and your picture looks really quite healthy to me, no redness just healing scabs.... your body is doing exactly what your body is meant to do
Yeah I'm very much aware that injuries turns to scab because the skin is healing... But I am more concerned about where the "bite" came from (what bit me) and/or are there any possibilities that it is not an animal/insect bite?
Old 21-06-18, 16:31

Quote:
But I am more concerned about where the "bite" came from (what bit me) and/or are there any possibilities that it is not an animal/insect bite?
Quote:
I kept itching that spot over the past few days before I even notice the scabs
There's the answer. You had a persistent itch (doesn't matter why) and scratched it hard enough to cause the wound. Mystery solved. No invisible rats or bats

Positive thoughts
"Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Tags
bite, mine, rabies, rabies fear, worried, wound