Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swollen glands under chin , globus and hoarseness

Question swollen glands under chin , globus and hoarseness

I have been suffering from a feeling of something stuck in my throat for several months now, accompanied now for last week or so by the glands under my chin being slightly sore and a certain amount of soreness in throat and hoarseness when I try to speak for long. I am told by GP this is 99% likely to be anxiety ( the globus that is ).I then saw ENT consultant who looked down throat with mirror and said looked ok, I am seeing him again monday and asking him to do nasal camera ( no general anaesthetic)to look down throat, he wants to do full camera down throat to put my mind at ease but I am scared of another general anaesthetic. I have recently been diagnosed with chronic acid reflux which I had no idea I had and the anxiety over that may well be what sparked this off but I am so scared I have throat cancer........the throat thing isnt there when I wake up in the morning until of course I think about it then it starts up, its really horrible.....does anyone else have this combination ?
    Last edited by elitest; 14-03-08 at 17:23. Reason: typos

Re: swollen glands under chin , globus and hoarseness

I have had a sensation of a lump in the left side of my throat all my life, can remember being carped at endlessly by my mother for clearing my throat as a child, and I still avoid company if I find myself doing it. Fairly recently I had what felt like something like glandular fever, swollen glands in throat. Of course I get hyperventilation, anxiety, depersonalisation, all the time, all my life. Right now I've run out of prescription Zopiclone so getting a rebound of insomnia. Really don't know how to deal with it and no idea who or what I am. Really not trying to be unhelpful, just saying how I feel without hiding it.

thanks for replying anyway

Talking Re: swollen glands under chin , globus and hoarseness

Quote Originally Posted by elitest View Post
    I have been suffering from a feeling of something stuck in my throat for several months now, accompanied now for last week or so by the glands under my chin being slightly sore and a certain amount of soreness in throat and hoarseness when I try to speak for long. I am told by GP this is 99% likely to be anxiety ( the globus that is ).I then saw ENT consultant who looked down throat with mirror and said looked ok, I am seeing him again monday and asking him to do nasal camera ( no general anaesthetic)to look down throat, he wants to do full camera down throat to put my mind at ease but I am scared of another general anaesthetic. I have recently been diagnosed with chronic acid reflux which I had no idea I had and the anxiety over that may well be what sparked this off but I am so scared I have throat cancer........the throat thing isnt there when I wake up in the morning until of course I think about it then it starts up, its really horrible.....does anyone else have this combination ?

This is so me, It is aniexty, stress u name it. I just had a baby 9 months ago. My baby was sick at bith and hospitalized until her death. maybe 2 weeks after I buried her my throat started to bother me. It came on like a sore throat. I started to tighten, throb, something in my throat feeling. I went to hospital (pharingitis) well I guess not. It continued clearing of throat, liquid feling in throat, hard to swallow, dry mouth, sometime shooting pain, warm feeling in throat. shorthly after gas in chest and pain, sharp pains in back, gas moved to top of rib cage and lower rib cage. I had an E.K.G, STRESS TEST AND AN ECHOCARDIGRAM TEST DONE. ALL CAME OUT GOOD.. I FEEL LIKE I CAN FEEL MY HEART BEATING. Also my nose felt blocked, like the tissues were swollen, throbbing in nose, headache in different spots, eyes hurt and feel dry, chills on cheeks without the goose bumps, ears hurting, jaw hurts, pain in shoulder joints, You name it I almost got it. Stress!!!! Help me. I hope this helps, only prayer can.

Oh yes I have exactly this at the moment.. went to docs today who said probably acid reflux gave me some tablet and said come back in a month if no better. I have slight cough, something stuck in my throat, hoarsness glands feel up and sore and generally feel crap. I am trying hard to believe her she did mention having a camera down as a last resort. My joints are sore too especially in my neck and it keeps cracking, ooh and ear ache too. I am convinced I have cancer but am trying really hard to believe her.

OMG, this is me too, been suffering from pleurisy (added to my normal anxiety woes) and recently I felt this oddness in my throat. Thank goodness for this thread. Now if I could just STOP worrying I'ld feel alot better.

How are you feeling now? any better? I am not good today....might have to darken the door of the doc again with my woes..

i'm almost certain it is in my head and not in my throat. but it is so hard to keep myself from worrying. not a good day today.

This is me also
    throat probs all the dam time
    i go all horse when i speak to much or if i try to shout
    I then have to clear my throat and it will sound like me again instead of an old women
    Always feeling like there is a lump there and hard to swallow sometimes
    ive noticed its worse when im stressed or anx

hi original poster,

I have a similar concern because I have recently been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and have a small goiter. This is causing me to have swallowing problems and of course i think its thyroid cancer. But in a wierd way having this is letting me deal with my other health anxieties because now i have something 'real' to worry about I have to teach myself not to be overcome by it.

Please dont worry yourself sick because it is highly likely that whatever you have is not serious and can be fixed.

all the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information