Thread: mind uk?

mind uk?

after spending a year of weekly counselling sessions at mind in darlington which I was paying £5.00 each session for I was referred for anger management to mind, when I turned up for assessment the lady told me due to my condition being anxiety/agrophobia and depression which I have suffered with over 20 years now that all I needed to do was go out more often, spoke to me like a kid and as I took a lot of drugs in younger days,ecstas,acid,cannabis she said my condition was due to this telling me this like a school teacher having a go at a kid even after I told her 2 psychiatrists and several therapists have told me I had issues even as a child which were not picked up on but she was right no matter what I said she also said due to the fact I was working with local mental health services,westpark hospital that I should not be at mind for anger management as they should be giving me it at Westpark even though it is Westpark who refer those needing anger management to mind as mind are only ones in town that offer anger management and after informing my care co-ordinator/cpn of the she wasn't too happy about the way I was treated either
    just wondering if anybody else had issues with the lady at mind as the entire year I attended paying from my own pocket everybody there was lovely but for some reason this one lady was horrible to say the least

Re: mind uk?

It's a problem between 2 services saying each is wrong. Why should it be your problem? I think the hospital should get on the phone and sort it out for you rather than you be made worse fighting against "the system" playing bureaucrat.

MIND have a network of local charities working under their umbrella. You could contact MIND direct and see what they state should be happening here. If it's an issue with a local branch, then the central administration can deal with that.

What it can be with these services is that as you advance up the levels you reach greater services that can offer more. They can be resistant to you being in two levels at the same time. So, if being in an outpatient programme under the hospital, which is going to be a level 4 style service, it may be unusual to then go back to MIND who only offer levels 2-3.

Re: mind uk?

thanks for the reply, iv since emailed a complaint to darlington mind as westpark definitely do not do anger management that is why they refer all patients in need of it to mind and the anger management 6 week programme is government funded so no idea why the lady from mind said what she did, my old counsellor rang me to inform me id been refused and when I mentioned she had told me westpark should be doing it he said she should never had said that and would be having words but as I say iv emailed a complaint to them now

Thread Information