Thread: Panic attacks

Angry Panic attacks

Is anyone else having panic attacks this morning? I get so scared, their taking over my life!!!!

Re: Panic attacks

This morning no. Other mornings yes. It will seem for a long time that their will take over your life for me it is like that. But i noticed that its like a music track you really like (in this case hate) at first you listen to it everyday and are obssesed by it, then every other day and so on and so on until the music only comes rarely into your mind and then only after years you might remember it existed.

I believe that mornings are especially difficult for individual's with panic disorders! Here is a little bit from my favorite book, Dr. Claire Weekes' 'Hope and Help For Your Nerves': "Waking in the morning deserves special attention. It is the worst time of day to most people with nervous illness. It is strange how the morning has the disconcerting habit of apparently paying little regard to the improvement of the day before. It is as if the morning lags behind the pace of their recovery. A difficult morning need not mean a difficult day." The book suggests to "rise when you wake" (even if you wake up before your alarm) because lying there may cause the anxiety to start. Just get up, get ready and GO out into the real world where you are distracted more easily.

(However, it does suggest that if you wake up several hours before your alarm (or the middle of the night) to take a sedative (I personally take Xanax)).

hold on .. its a case of getting the right meds and right treatment.. this can take a wee while .

When youre out and about with people in this situation, try and envision them all feeling the same way..I try that when I get supermarket anxiety

Thread Information