Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Throat/Tongue symptoms caused by anxiety?

Re: Throat/Tongue symptoms caused by anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahNah View Post
    My sister had like stage 1of a super rare oral cancer. Yet her dentist noticed it long before she did. Even before testing was done, they were talking about the b c being very possible for her. You've had clear test! Which is great! No doctor wants to push further with this.

Like I had a serious stomach infection easier this year. The more I thought and thought about it even after it had been treated the pain seem to linger on and on.

While excuse me as I haven't read all the post but have you talk to your gp about this constant state of worry and getting some help about it maybe?? Like I'm not a doctor of course so I can't tell you everything you need to hear but I think you've gotten the all clear with the tests you've had? I know I tended to doubt doctors myself with results but it's over a year later and I'm still here without any of my major worries!
    I went to doctors office this Morning because of upper respiratory thing I have. Asked her if my tongue looked good and she said it looks fine. This was another doctor/nurse as well. She looked at my throat and didn’t see anything abnormal.

I did ask about reference for anxiety as I told her I’ve been worrying and I don’t know if it’s serious illness or something like anxiety. She said they can medicate and I asked about reference for therapist first.

The irritation in throat just seems never ending!!!

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by emm5412 View Post
    The picture of your tongue you posted looks like plaque. Try brushing your tongue!
    Doctor/Nurse both said tongue looked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue23Blent View Post
    IDoctor/Nurse both said tongue looked fine.
    Doesn't matter. Brushing your tongue is a normal and necessary part of oral hygiene.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Doesn't matter. Brushing your tongue is a normal and necessary part of oral hygiene.

Positive thoughts
    I know. I do brush tongue.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

I’m a healthy person in my 30s. I don’t know why my throat won’t get better!

I've never had these issues before until in June. I went back to ENT today for a follow-up because they are persisting. He informed me that I could probably stop taking Acid Reflux meds since it's not getting better.

He wants to try a Oral probiotic as my tongue seemed to have a coating. He checked my throat and tongue.

I still have irritation and inflammation in the back of my throat, tongue, and what have you. He informed me that it's nothing serious such as cancer they've seen so many of those and it doesn't look to be that. It looks benign.

I feel like in a couple months it's going to start showing regarding cancer. I can't help but think this is cancer. It's gone on too long and won't go away.

Anyone else experience this? I also forget to have him check a lymph node in my neck that I can feel. I'm so worried.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Could it take months before cancer actually shows up. Last time ENT checked was July 27 and now it’s October 17 and things aren’t improving and now I have tongue coating.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

HELP

I've never had these issues before until in June. I went back to ENT today for a follow-up because they are persisting. He informed me that I could probably stop taking Acid Reflux meds since it's not getting better.

He wants to try a Oral probiotic as my tongue seemed to have a coating. He checked my throat and tongue.

I still have irritation and inflammation in the back of my throat, tongue, and what have you. He informed me that it's nothing serious such as cancer they've seen so many of those and it doesn't look to be that. It looks benign.

I feel like in a couple months it's going to start showing regarding cancer. I can't help but think this is cancer. It's gone on too long and won't go away.

Anyone else experience this? I also forget to have him check a lymph node in my neck that I can feel. I'm so worried.

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Could it take months before cancer actually shows up. Last time ENT checked was July 27 and now it’s October 17 and things aren’t improving and now I have tongue coating.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

HELP
    This isn’t meant to be mean, or rude, or whatever, but it’s an honest question.....what exactly do you want from people on here? You’ve had multiple doctors, tests, and exams confirm that there’s nothing wrong, yet you continue to look to untrained internet strangers for advice.
    Nothing anybody here says will make you feel better. I know this from experience. You need to treat the mental illness.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    This isn’t meant to be mean, or rude, or whatever, but it’s an honest question.....what exactly do you want from people on here? You’ve had multiple doctors, tests, and exams confirm that there’s nothing wrong, yet you continue to look to untrained internet strangers for advice.
    Nothing anybody here says will make you feel better. I know this from experience. You need to treat the mental illness.
    I'm looking for others that may experience this as well. I feel like the doctors are missing something or something is growing but slowly and new symptoms are popping up!

Also, I've started therapy last week and meet again in a week. I still have throat issues though!

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

No one?

He informed me that it's nothing serious such as cancer they've seen so many of those and it doesn't look to be that. It looks benign.
    Your ENT has seen cancer many times. I guess we can only speculate the number but it's described as many.

I feel like in a couple months it's going to start showing regarding cancer. I can't help but think this is cancer.
    How many times have you seen cancer? Can you describe it as many, or even one?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Your ENT has seen cancer many times. I guess we can only speculate the number but it's described as many.

How many times have you seen cancer? Can you describe it as many, or even one?

He once again says it’s not cancer yet he doesn’t really know what’s causing my issues. Soo.....

Re: Anxiety about throat cancer

You didn't answer the question.

Re: Anxiety about throat cancer

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    You didn't answer the question.

Here’s my concern. I’ve read so many stories of those with base of tongue cancer and other cancers of the head and neck who weren’t officially diagnosed for months to years.

They said they were told the same thing as me such as “acid reflux (didn’t work), allergies (didn’t work), and even spoke about irritation as I have which eventually was biopsies as cancer.

My ENT keeps saying it’s not cancer but it’s only been 3 months. He also said he wants me to try probiotics because my tongue now has a coating. He said if that doesn’t work he will try thrush medication and after that he doesn’t know.

Im freaking out.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information