Thread: Mole Biopsy-Worried

Mole Biopsy-Worried

Hello everyone,

I am a 27 year old male. I went to my dermatologist yesterday for my annual appointment and I had two moles removed from my back. I come from a family that does not really have any skin problems. I have a fairy tan complexion so I don't burn easily. Plus I dont sun bathe a lot or lay out.

The two moles that were removed had grown somewhat since my last visit last year. They were kind of a reddish brown. Not really super dark. The Dr. said they had grown by maybe 50% the last year however during my last visit they really didnt take a close up photograph so it is hard to tell. Anyway the Dr just went ahead and had them shaved off and will send them to be looked at.

I am somewhat concerned about this. The two moles had never given me any issues. no bleeding, no itching or anything like. i think the doctor went on the safe side and had them shaved off. I am still worried though that it will come back and be something bad.
    Any thoughts? I have had one other mole on my back removed and it turned out to be benign.

Any thoughts?

Re: Mole Biopsy-Worried

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Any thoughts?
    Had that done many times. No biggie.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This seems like a common thing across the pond. Here in the UK,trying to get a doctor to remove a mole is like pulling teeth! They prefer to watch and wait unless it looks extremely severe!
    I’m guessing American dermatologists are maybe more keen to remove moles because of the financial situation ncentives in doing so?

It has been almost a week since I have had my shave biopsy and I am nervous about hearing the results next week. I don’t think it is anything serious but there is always that lingering doubt. This was only the second time I have had something removed. My family doesn’t have a history of skin cancer or getting a lot of moles. Hopefully everything will go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Limeslime View Post
    This seems like a common thing across the pond. Here in the UK,trying to get a doctor to remove a mole is like pulling teeth! They prefer to watch and wait unless it looks extremely severe!
    I’m guessing American dermatologists are maybe more keen to remove moles because of the financial situation incentives in doing so?
    I've had several removed by freezing them with liquid O2. They fall off in a week or so. I've not had one return. It's inexpensive too.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information