Thread: Why did I just Google! Lump feeling in throat

Why did I just Google! Lump feeling in throat

What a way to spend my Friday!!!

I was fine up until I got in from work.

I noticed this feeling, like something is stuck, in the (let me just check where) almost in my Adam's apple area and below.

I tried to eat to see if that would help 1) me forget about it and 2) to see if it would help; and it hasent it is still there.

I have had something similar a few times but never this prominent. I feel like I have shallow breathing, not sure if it's because I'm worrying about this and cannot relax, and I feel like I need to do a big cough to just get it up. I'm also feeling a bit like i want to be sick.

I have a bit of heartburn also (well I think it's that I don't know the difference between heartburn and indigestion) where when I breathe deeply I can feel a kind of soreness burn feeling almost at the top of my stomach and in my throat.

Of course having a heart and stroke health anxiety, I'm feeling like the worst is going to happen any minute..... :-(((((((

30, female, can't relax!!!!!

Xxx

PS: hope your all ok

Re: Why did I just Google! Lump feeling in throat

Hey Female Health Anx,

So sorry you feel so unwell.

I suffer from GERD and sometimes when it's really bad I get this lump in the throat feeling. I've tried everything like balling up a piece of bread, eating dry toast and drinking milk but to no avail, it was always gone the next morning though. I take Xantax for the GERD but in the past was prescribed Omeprazole.

Because of the health anxieties we may be doing our best not to panic but our little subconscious devil is working it's magic on the back burner. I often think I am being calm and relaxed but I do know deep down even the slightest shred of anxiety can start to mess me up, things like breathing and pulse rate etc.

Maybe try some ant-acid, Gaviscon, Rennies, Xantax and see if you feel better, also prop the head of your bed up by a couple of inches, I just shove a couple of books under the bed legs, this helps keep your stomach acid down and stops it from rising up into the gullet.

I really hope you feel a lot better soon

Please don't worry this is common... Goggle gerd I've had this lump feeling for mths its anxiety

I have had this for months too, im being treated for silent reflux with lanzoprazole, and anxiety with citalopram.x

Please try not to worry about it, easier said than done I know, I had this years ago and even came back earlier than planned from my Holidays in Spain because I was worried I was going to choke, I went straight to A&E but of course was given the all clear but no explanation of what it was. I quickly realised myself that it was all to do with anxiety and read up all about it, if you look on the lefthand side of this site I think its under the heading Symptoms you will read all about it, when we get stressed anxious etc our muscles in the throat tighten but before you panic they cannot tighten so much as to cause choking it just feels like a big lump, the only way to get rid of it is to fully relax and completely forget about it. Saying that I still get it now and again when I am really anxious, but knowing what it is really helps.

Thread Information