Thread: Lump in the throat :-/

Lump in the throat :-/

Hi folks

Had a lump in the throat for the last couple of days. I know it's anxiety related, given that I've had it before in the past and that it's part of the ongoing anxiety problem that I have at the moment. Are there any tricks for getting shot of it at all, or is it going to be hanging around until the anxiety problem subsides/is dealt with?

It's not pleasant, but it least it's more manageable than feeling very anxious most of the time, like I was before Xmas. Any help/tips muchly appreciated!

Re: Lump in the throat :-/

I drink warm boiled water throughout the day which seems to help. Also if its quite bad I have the occasional throat lozenge which takes my mind off it for an hour or so. I find distraction is the best thing, get doing something that you really enjoy and keep busy.

Such a horrible feeling. I really sympathise with you.

Cheers for the tips, Kay. Will try it out. The 'lump' has actually been better today, as the day has gone well (which I was very worried about) Definitely stress/anxiety related.

I've had a lump in my throat for 2 months which some days is worse than others. I find my voice gets hoarse as the day goes on and sometimes it feels like someone is pressing on my windpipe. But 2 days ago I went to an osteopath who did cranial osteopathy on me and the lump feeling has completely disappeared - he said it was a mild muscle strain.

thats a bad feeling to have

Hi, Im new to this site, have real bad panic attacks etc but for about a week i'v convinced myself that iv got something really seriously wrong with my throat, went to see doc this morning who said its Globus something or another never heard of it before, feels like a constant lump in my throat, can also feel like someones pushing on my wind pipe and apparantly this is another delightful symtem of panic and stress.
    Any idea's how I shift it or will it go when i'm less stressed?

Charlotte xx

try gargling with good mouth wash

As with all other anxiety symptoms the more attention you pay it the more it shows itself.
    It's bothersome but realizing that it isn't going to cause you any lasting effects is the first step to getting rid of the feeling.

Thread Information