Page 100 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1520

Thread: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Re: Can anybody recommend a wash basket?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Nothing will make me believe the bin is clean.
    Then why even post?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Then why even post?

Positive thoughts
    But bins are not clean that’s just a fact

But bins are not clean that’s just a fact
    Neither is 99.9% of everything we encounter in the world so?... I ask again... Why even post?

positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

even if she says she washed her hands?
    I don't know why she is even needing to wash her hands for your OCD benefit. I don't wash my hands after touching the bins in the house, or the outside bins for that matter, I would only wash my hands if I was preparing food or had used the toilet. I don't know why you even think they ( the outside bins) are dirty to be honest, they are washed by the rain and nothing really touches them apart from deep inside. Bins are no dirtier than door handles, pens, light switches, and the list could go on....

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I don't know why she is even needing to wash her hands for your OCD benefit. I don't wash my hands after touching the bins in the house, or the outside bins for that matter, I would only wash my hands if I was preparing food or had used the toilet. I don't know why you even think they ( the outside bins) are dirty to be honest, they are washed by the rain and nothing really touches them apart from deep inside. Bins are no dirtier than door handles, pens, light switches, and the list could go on....
    It’s because I have put old plungers from the toilet in the bin and old toilet seats so I fear that bin has toilet germs that’s where my fear comes from.

Rather than the think about plane journeys etc, this is fear of contaminitation is where you really need to start.

You say you cannot afford therapy but you have had nunerous links to free therapy which you cotinue to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    You say you cannot afford therapy but you have had nunerous links to free therapy which you cotinue to ignore.
    Phil has admitted before that he is lazy, so I doubt he would have any motivation to actually take any of them on board and do the exercises that they suggest.....you would think that if he really wanted to get better from his OCD then he would find the motivation from somewhere wouldn't you

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    Phil has admitted before that he is lazy, so I doubt he would have any motivation to actually take any of them on board and do the exercises that they suggest.....you would think that if he really wanted to get better from his OCD then he would find the motivation from somewhere wouldn't you
    Yes but I have a busy life i mentioned how I go holidays move house work and so on. My ideal world is to have no ocd or anxiety. My ocd only really got bad in the last few years I don’t want the thoughts I get. I regularly get these doubts of somebody washed there hands I admit the themes are similar. It’s good I have figured out what’s going on but sadly I need to figure out how best to fix these issues. Anytime I do recover from a worry another one pops along. For the average Joe with no anxiety they don’t have to sit and listen to a visualisation or meditation?

I mean on the ocd forum the people seem to be recovered but on here I am unsure which posters are still suffering or are recovered. I have seen some people recovered from ocd so it seems possible for ocd to not trouble you forever my Cbt therapist seemed to think I would always have it which was why I lost faith in her.

I don't reckon many people wash their hands after putting something in the bin, and most bins have had unpleasant things in them at some point. Like most anxiety issues, your fears aren't rational Phil. We can all relate to that. The trouble is that you seem more motivated to prove whether these things did or didn't happen, rather than trying to accept that they might have happened and it doesn't matter either way. Have you had a look at any of the self-help tools people have advised?

Yes but.........
    starting your reply off with this say it all really!

i mentioned how I go holidays move house work and so on. My ideal world is to have no ocd or anxiety.
    The thing you fail to realise and appreciate despite everyone on here telling you is that you need to put your recovery before any of that... yes even before work if you have to..... if you don't put your recovery first you will never recover because you will always be too busy to do it.

So personally I think like your therapist that you will never be free of your OCD and anxiety because you can't be bothered to put your recovery first and will ALWAYS blame others for your failure to recover..... she probably saw that too

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 100 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast

Thread Information