Page 279 of 290 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2891

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

I think that his health anxiety (and arguably his autism) explain his selfishness. However, I don't think they necessarily excuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think that his health anxiety (and arguably his autism) explain his selfishness. However, I don't think they necessarily excuse it.
    I agree, they don't excuse it but I understand it. My 35 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with autism, she has anxiety and other issues. She is a wonderful, amazing young woman but she can be selfish when she's going through a bad time and she doesn't mean it at all. My 13 year old son is being assessed for autism, when he is anxious he can display a selfishness that surprises me. He is a loving and caring young man but some things can be extremely difficult to process in an autistic mind.

For what it's worth, the prompt for me finally seeking help for my anxiety was being unable to tolerate how cruel I was being to the people I loved.

For what it's worth, the prompt for me finally seeking help for my anxiety was being unable to tolerate how cruel I was being to the people I loved.
    How did you feel you were being cruel to your family? I honestly get your point of view re Toby, I think i'm seeing it more from his point of view because my concerns are very like his and I understand his fear and panic.

I was very controlling with my husband, honestly. I was terrified of all his moles and the risk of them turning malignant, so I couldn't look at his naked back for possibly a couple of years. It's probably the thing I'm most ashamed of in my life.

I was very controlling with my husband, honestly. I was terrified of all his moles and the risk of them turning malignant, so I couldn't look at his naked back for possibly a couple of years. It's probably the thing I'm most ashamed of in my life.
    That is fear and terror of what you may see or think you may see,Blue. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

One of the hurdles with anxiety is taking action. You can accept it all you want but for many there is a fear to make any change or try to treat it. I know I always found this with mine. It's why my CBT failed at a time when my anxiety was just too high and why bringing it down allowed me to regain some confidence in making those steps and confronting it.

It's not as simple as thinking because someone gets reassurance somewhere they won't take action. The spectrum of anxiety and depression has people like this, people like that and people like something else. Some HAers are terrified to see a doctor whereas the (in my opinion based on being on NMP only) the vast majority can't run to a doctor quick enough and would live in the surgery if they could.

There is also the issue that people put it off. If you have 24/7 anxiety that is bad you may be petrified of attempting to work on it. Eventually you find a way to make the start though. But many with anxiety, and I think particularly HA themes (again based on watching people on NMP), are cyclic in nature. They feel better so why bother working on it? It's another one of the tricks it plays on us. And in Toby's case I've seen him kick the can down the road because he feels a bit better today and we have been explaining it won't mean he actually gets better unless he is putting the work in via an indirect route e.g. healthy behaviours that are working on his subconscious with direct work like therapy.

Sorry I forgot to check this thread again because the problem seemed to go for about a week

Now it's back. I just needed to go for a number 2 and as it entered my rectum it was like really painful behind my pubic area, I suspect as it went around the bend into the final bit of the colon

Bruce, I'm really not playing anyone. What would the point of that be? As you should've noticed, when I feel better about my health concerns I tend to forget about them until the symptoms come back or new ones arise

and when that does happen it's the scariest thing in the world

Rainbow, thanks for understanding

And in terms of Autism, I have Asperger's, but I'm not defined by that. And I don't think it changes the way I am on here... maybe a little in real life, because of how introverted I am, but not so much on here in my opinion

But I feel in this case that I SHOULD be worried because for a moment as the stool entered my rectum it felt VERY painful... but also this is probably maybe the first time in a week or so (maybe 5 days) that I felt pain in that area... so I just don't know

I understand that it's very easy to get frustrated about people when they worry, seemingly irrationally, but it's never easy for the person experiencing those symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    the vast majority can't run to a doctor quick enough and would live in the surgery if they could.
    I can relate to this

Page 279 of 290 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast

Thread Information