Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doc said my Creatine Kinase was slightly elevated, now I'm in panic mode

Re: Doc said my Creatine Kinase was slightly elevated, now I'm in panic mode

Quote Originally Posted by AJG View Post
    Do not worry about those numbers. You could of exhorted yourself a bit much. Also if you take a blood test next day after an activity it will produce higher numbers. This is why they want you to repeat the test. Before the next test do not exercise the day before and drink lots of water. Your body will bounce back. I went from 11200 to 6000 in a day then to somewhere in the 800 the 3rd day i was released with those numbers so really anything under a 1,000 is fine
    Thanks I'll drink some litres to sort it out. Hopefully should be fine my chest feels funny at times but should be okay. Did you feel like that too?

I will try, thanks for the advice. Did you get chest pains too?

I had pains in my legs still do on and off. However, I am also on and off anxiety meds that my body does not agree with.

It is not unusual to have aches in muscles. Try not to worry about your numbers. Mine were fairly high and I was concerned to the point I allowed it to take 4 months out of my life with worry trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I also have other symptoms most likely pointing to ssris which my body does not tolerate.

I spoke to so many doctors and honestly anything under a 1,000 they do not pay attention to. They will tell you to drink water to repair, retest you and you will have them go down. Mine kept going down, elevated a bit, even went under. I had to test every 2 weeks for 2 months which put me into an obsessive state. Do not do this to yourself.

CK levels go up and down naturally, this is why it is not a common test.

Rhabdomyalysis is what can happen to anyone in my situation and mine was not even that bad. I heard from my doctor she had someone who needed to recover for 8 months, could barely walk just from statin use.

Whatever you do don't google anything and do not get worked up over your numbers. You will be completely fine. Just rest, drink lots of fluids.

Do not worry about those numbers. You could of exhorted yourself a bit much. Also if you take a blood test next day after an activity it will produce higher numbers. This is why they want you to repeat the test. Before the next test do not exercise the day before and drink lots of water. Your body will bounce back. I went from 11200 to 6000 in a day then to somewhere in the 800 the 3rd day i was released with those numbers so really anything under a 1,000 is fine
    Bro just an update, I'm still feeling like my muscles are breaking down. Now I'm breaking a sweat doing things. I had my neck scanned and said some lymh nodes were slightly enlarged said probably nothing sinister but might have an infection, so will go to the doc to investigate

What do you mean by feeling like muscles are breaking down? Are you exercising? Do you have pain? Did you re-due your cpk test?

It is also common to have some pains after raised cpk levels even if they are slightly elevated. An infection might also cause muscle pain. It takes quite a while to bounce back from any small or large muscle breakdown depends on your own fitness level and giving it time to recover so no further damage is caused. Don't push yourself too hard if you go to the gym. Walking, swimming is great, don't go crazy with weights. Stay hydrated and incorporate some electrolytes or sea salt under your tongue if you are drinking lots of water.

What do you mean by feeling like muscles are breaking down? Are you exercising? Do you have pain? Did you re-due your cpk test?

It is also common to have some pains after raised cpk levels even if they are slightly elevated. An infection might also cause muscle pain. It takes quite a while to bounce back from any small or large muscle breakdown depends on your own fitness level and giving it time to recover so no further damage is caused. Don't push yourself too hard if you go to the gym. Walking, swimming is great, don't go crazy with weights. Stay hydrated and incorporate some electrolytes or sea salt under your tongue if you are drinking lots of water.
    Thanks, I mean that I have to break a sweat doing usual things. My muscles are sore all the time like I have exercised, even though I am not at the moment. I'm doing the test next week. It's not painful just feel like i have been doing weight and the muscles have not recovered. This has lead to generally not being optimal.

You might still be in some recovery. I still feel like that as well. The muscles just got a bit weak. Have them test your cpk and do a full blood testing there are few other special tests they can do to check for muscle inflammation.

You might still be in some recovery. I still feel like that as well. The muscles just got a bit weak. Have them test your cpk and do a full blood testing there are few other special tests they can do to check for muscle inflammation.
    In my case, it always feels like i've just had a work out, alcohol and any other exercise (like sex) wear me out. Will get my cpk tested next week as it's 2 weeks i think. I what blood tests you mean? Like a full blood count, that was normal. I'm worried that this could be serious or that I'm not recovering. It's been too long now.

There are special tests they can do for autoimmune conditions and further test your muscles. They are blood tests. I have a nerve/muscle study in November. I wish they could do a muscle biopsy.

There are special tests they can do for autoimmune conditions and further test your muscles. They are blood tests. I have a nerve/muscle study in November. I wish they could do a muscle biopsy.
    Thanks I'll look into it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information