Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Mole

Dark Mole

Hello,

It's been a really long time since I've posted here. This time the scare is real.

I've noticed a dark (round) mole on my right leg (ankle area) for a little while now and finally decided to show it to my dr. Sent him some pictures of it and he said: I believe its a Compound Nevus but it is dark enough that I will have it biopsied...

Referred me to another dr who will assess it on June 20th and have it biopsied if needed.

Anxiety is through the roof. Not sure how I will be able to function until then. Im extremely concerned and my mind is of course thinking of the worst case scenario. Can someone help me think rational here? What are the chances that it could be the worst in can be?

Thanks!

Rey

Re: Dark Mole

I just looked through some old photos i took of my leg from last year (when I sliced it open) and I can see this mole was already there then. Maybe a bit smaller, but it can be clearly seen. I guess that is a good sign? That it hasn't really changed much in 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by Rey1989 View Post
    I just looked through some old photos i took of my leg from last year (when I sliced it open) and I can see this mole was already there then. Maybe a bit smaller, but it can be clearly seen. I guess that is a good sign? That it hasn't really changed much in 1 year?
    Take away the question marks and make that post a statement as opposed to reassurance seeking

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks for taking the time to respond Fishamnpa. I had been "anxiety free" pretty much for a whole year, up until last week...lots of things going on in my life which has taken a toll on my mental health.

Im still going to go for that appointment (where they might take a biopsy) but considering it has not really changed in 1 year I feel more confident it will be nothing.

Rey

Well, been reading about these moles and the likelihood of turning into melanomas. Just couldn't stop myself from googling. Got to admit, I am spiraling out of control. The fact that my dr immediately wanted to get it biopsied just put my mind in overdrive. Just needed to vent as I don't want to drive my family crazy.

Im probably having the worst health-related anxiety attack I can remember. I was browsing through some older photos (2020 or so) and it does not appear like I had this dark mole then. Fast forward to pictures of 2021 and there it is.

Now I am thinking that I should have had it checked back then, now a year has passed and I am fearful that it might be too late.

I have a 1 year old son that is my world. Just the thought of leaving him sinks my soul to unimaginable places.

I don’t think I can wait 20 more days for this biopsy. Im a mess. Wish I could clear my head and simply rationalize whats going on, but I cant. I now think what I have is C, and this feeling overtakes my thoughts.

This is horrible.

Thanks for reading.

Rey

Nevus is nothing to worry about and is better off left alone
    They expand and shrink at will.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thanks Phill2 !

I am trying to convince myself that everything is going to be alright and will turnout to be nothing. But my anxious mind keeps telling me that it is melanoma and its too late (considering ive had this since last year).

If it was in fact something sinister, it would have changed for the worse in a year? Or these things take a long time to develop into something else more serious?

I wish this panic feeling would go away. Can’t sleep thinking of all the worst-case scenarious.

I feel like my skin is itchy and it has spread.

Sorry if this sounds like too much. This is just my place to vent and hopefully get reassurance that things will be ok.

Rey

I totally understand your fear, I have been there. It would have changed in a year, definitely, if it was cancer. I’m sure you will get good news after it’s removed.

Hey Rey,

Hope you're doing okay! Just went through a huge mole panic a month or so ago. In my case they didn't want a biopsy, but I have a friend who works in a dermatologists office whom I asked about it when I was panicked. She told me, that even if a doc wants to do a biopsy, the vast, vast majority of the time it's completely fine. She also said that in the 10 years she's worked in that office, she's never encountered a melanoma that didn't rapidly, noticeably grow in a short amount of time. The fact that yours didn't grow noticeably in at least a year is very reassuring. Even if it was (extremely unlikely) something that you're dreading it being, the fact that it grows so slowly would indicate that its the kind of thing that would just be removed and would require no further treatment.

Hope that helps. I was recently through the same thing and I know how much stress they can cause.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information