Thread: thing, I, hear, 24/7,can, you, relate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down Re: thing, I, hear, 24/7,can, you, relate?

Hi guys

Went to the G.P and he just told me the same thing, GP's words "over thinking" "trying too maintain a positive attitude is difficult when suffering from an anxiety disorder" I honestly feel their answer for everything is just SSRI's and I ain't happy at all with that it's the ferocity of the anxiety and panic attacks that's making me depressed, so I said no to the meds and he thinks CBT and psychiatric help is needed and to think about taking SSRI's

Not feeling sorry for myself just annoyed. And wanting proper medical attention and they should bring back the way the docs worked with us 10yrs ago maybe more, they had more time actually listened, now it's here's anti depressants Bye!!

Sorry for ranting just angry :@

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

Re: thing, I, hear, 24/7,can, you, relate?

Hey Petesy,

I can't blame you about an aversion to meds. I see many here that feel the same way or fear taking them. I don't particularly like them but I was on them for about 6 months after my 1st heart attack/bypass for depression. While I didn't care for the way they made me feel (a bit out of it), they did get me over the hump and on the way to healing. Recently I was able to overcome another bout with some counseling and CBT techniques.

You have your hands full with your fiance' suffering form health issues. The thing is, anxiety is a health issue. It's a mental health issue that affects you physically. If you haven't looked into, I urge you to take a look at the free CBT course offered here. It's quite good actually. http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=131665

Don't blow off the meds altogether. They may be the edge you need to get a handle on the Dragon. Best to you and your fiance'

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information