I had pins and needles all down my left side last week (arm, hand, leg, foot, face) - it was searching for those symptoms on the 'net that I came across this website! I was convinced I had MS on top of everything else. I didn't see how in any way it could be related to my other symptoms (bowel/tummy probs).

My GP said it could be viral, could be heat, could be anxiety - she checked my neurological responses and said everything was fine.

On all the info I had read on anxiety, it related pins and needles to panic attacks, which I assumed meant the symptoms came on when you were feeling anxious and went when you calmed down; however mine just stayed with me constantly, worrying me like hell, for a full week. Every morning I'd wake up and wiggle my toes, thinking "has it gone" and it would really depress me that it hadn't.

Anyway, after a full week of this, I woke up one morning and it had gone!

Reading old posts on this site, it seems that it can go on for a very long time. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but I know you will worry anyway until it's gone, which I hope for your sake is soon.

I found it a really distressing symptom, but I'm hoping that if it happens again I will be less anxious about it (probably not!).

Take care,
Caroline