Thread: Scared that I've got a brain tumour, help?

Scared that I've got a brain tumour, help?

Hello, I'm 16 and I'm really freaked out that I have a brain tumour. I've not been having headaches but I've been getting a weird vibrating sensation in the back of my head. My eyes have also been odd lately as well, I get imprints from looking at anything bright that last for a few seconds and I also get it at night if I open my eyes. I have one eye where the vision is much poorer so if I don't wear glasses for a while to give the better eye a rest then my eyes get very tired so I'm not sure if it's a result of that. I've also been getting head rushes much more often when I stand up, almost every time. I've been indoors much more lately studying for exams so could it be due to lack of fresh air? Has anybody else experienced similar symptoms?
    I have an annual eye test booked for next week so will the optician pick up if anything if wrong or should I go to the doctor?

Re: Scared that I've got a brain tumour, help?

Hello,

Just so you can have your mind put at rest I would see both your dr and optician.
    But I am sure that most of your problems are down to stress tbh.
    When you are studying for your exams you are under a lot of pressure.
    As for the looking at any thing bright and getting the imprint for a few seconds, I am pretty sure that is normal because I get that and have heard other people say they get it too.
    You will feel anxious because studying for exams is stressful and being 16 can be hard enough as well! x

Re: Scared that I've got a brain tumour, help?

Hi Im a 16 year old girl and I had it convinced I had a brain tumour like for the past year I was getting weird smells which weren't in the environment and when I was readin my vision felt weird I have floaters in front of my eyes in light and I get tingling/ vibrating feeling in head also. What I've learnt after tons of people reassuring me on here And a doctors visit is that it's so rare to have one At this age and if you did you would definitely know about it you would have extremely bad headaches vision problems like tunnel vision vomiting nausea balance issues And tons more I wish I hadnt wasted ages worrying about it and a year later I'm still here so it jus shows I was worrying about nothing. I still get the smell now And again but rarely and I also get weird eye things. Had an eye
    Test and it was fine- if you are still worried eye tests are good as they detect abnormalities etc but I'm sure your absolutely fine

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Also I have head rushes all the time it never used to be this bad now it's every time I stand up my mum and sister also get these.

Thread Information