Thread: Motival withdrawal - help

Motival withdrawal - help

Hi, Can anyone PLEASE help. I have been on Motival for 9 years and now find I cannot get anymore. I was prescribed it for jaw pain initially. I have spent the last three weeks in a terrible state that ended up with me in hospital on wednesday. I am having panic attacks, shortness of breath, anxiety, depression, headaches no appetite etc and feel dreadful.
    My GP has been useless and has tried several antidepressants to stop the jaw pain but nothing is working. I suggested Nortriptyline and fluphenazine seperately and he gave me the prescription but noone had any stock of Moditem. I am so desperate now as I am supposed to be going to live in Spain with my husband on the 20th August and it's all I can do to leave the house at the moment let alone the country. I am worried that if I do manage to get hold of some Moditem, they will then either discontinue it or I won't be able to get it in spain and I am back to square one.
    Have you had any correspondence from anyone who has been successful with another drug to replace Motival so I can point my GP in the right direction.

I would really appreciate your help.

Hi,
    Sorry I can't give any help or advice on your query but I'm sure there are those who can.
    Just wanted to say welcome to the site anyway!!
    Best Wishes

Magz
    XX

Re: Motival withdrawal - help

I have also been on Motival since 5 years. Four years, ago,I have reduced the dose to one tablet every four days. But I can not stop it completely because in the fifth day of withdrawal, I suffer from terrible symptoms. Can any physician help me.

Thread Information