Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Zyprexa, The anxiety killer but at a price

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zyprexa, The anxiety killer but at a price

i have ptsd gad unspecified episodic mood disorder and i used to have bad depression. im currently on 5 mg lexapro( psych is weaning me off) 75 of thyroid med levothyroxine 450 lithium and 1 mg of larazapam as needed. i have been having an extreme last five days balwing in seconds feel hopeless panic attacks, they just upped my lithium to the 450 three days ago. i kept telling me doc i didnt feel good and freaking out so my psych wants me to take the levythyroxine down to 50 mg the lithium to 150 mg and keep the lexapro the same but he want to add zyprexa half of a 2.5 mg pill twice daily and will move up to three times daily if needed..... i am beyond horrified, i dont feel safe doing all that at home... but i cant get admitted... i am horrified to even try the zyprexa and i am already obese so scared to gain anything else i am 5'4 and 250 pounds............ any words of encouragement there is alot of reason i probably feel this bad 1 last week my therapist tried to have me work through my rape 2. my period is due in 11 days. and i have a uti... so i have alot going on annnnd me and my husband were super close to splitting up three days ago........ i really need some encouragment i think its the thyroid med making me fell so crappy

Hi,

I am sorry for bringing up old posts but I feel the same way you guys do when it comes to anxiety. It is pretty severe that I can't even eat, leave the house, sometimes I throw up, I panic..

ANyway, the doctor suggested I try Zyprexa and I hope it works because right now I am taking sedatives since I can't take any anti-depressants ( I don't respond to them) I hope it works, but I am a little terrified about the weight issue as well.

Zyprexa works and works very quickly but there is no doubt that you will gain weight on it even if you excercise and eat sensibly

You might not gain weight, I have been on it over 2 years and haven't put weight on. It has been so good for anxiety and sleep. I wish you all the best

This medicine is the best sleep aid I have found. I tried Ambien and it made me crazy. I can sleep with Zyprexa and wake up the next morning with no side effects. I just have to make sure I take it early in the evening. If I take it too late, it will make me groggy in the morning. Unlike some of the reports I have heard, it doesn't effect my weight at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information