Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: resue remedy??????

resue remedy??????

hi,i,ve read on here quite a bit about rescue remedy!could any of you tell me where i could get it,and how it helps?
    cheers rachelx x

Hi rachel, you can get it from boots superdrug and probably most chemists, it is herbal, harmless and is supposed to have a calming effect.

hi thanks for that alexis i will give it a bash!!!!
    take care rachel x

I was recommended rescue remedy by my mum. It does seem to work on most occasions although a couple of times I had major panics and it only had a limited effect.

Hi Rachel,

I have used rescue remedy for a while now, I got mine from Holland and Barrett, its about £4 for a smaller bottle, and about £6 for a bigger one.

I found that it helped me, so I hope it works for you too, It never makes me feels anxiety free, but it takes the edge of it a bit.

It tastes a bit yuk at first I found, a bit like Brandy. They say that you can put a few drops in a glass of water, which I don't do, or you can put a few drops on your tongue. [:P] It does'nt matter how often you use it. Sometimes I drink it straight from the bottle, so I guess I am used to the taste of it now.

I hope you have managed to get some, because when we suffer with this anxiety, anything is worth a try.

Take Care

Sara
    xxxxx

I use rescue remedy every day. I'm not sure whether it does help or whether it's just a crutch. The first time I tried it was with the pipette and I did feel much more relaxed almost instantly. maybe I overdid it, but the more I used it the less effect it seemed to have. I now use the spray everyday.

It's just flower extracts that are supposed to have comforting properties in a grape wine solution (I always wonder whether it's the alcohol that helps me to relax?).

You can get it from supermarkets, chemists and health food shops. The cheapest place that I've found is Tesco. They did do it for half price recently too! It cost about a fiver and you'll find it with the vitamins and sleep aids.

I was getting through a bottle a week, but now it's every two to three weeks. It must do some good or else I wouldn't keep using it. And I've tried kalms before too and a few of the other herbal remedies.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

A good way to try RR is to put a few pipette full into a bottle of water and sip it all day. Keeps it in your system without having loads of it. More isn't always better as it doesn't work on an actual dose.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

My spray bottle of RR lives in my pocket!

Like some others say when anxiety is particularly bad its not enough. Maybe I should take it sooner. I find it very useful - its helped me face lots of scary situations.

Lisa. [^]

Hello All,

I used to take Rescue Remedy and found that it took the edge off, but not enough. I then went to a Bach Flower therapist and she made me up a special remedy that worked a lot better, so it could be worth a try.

I should explain that I am six months into recovery and haven't had either a panic attack or any anxiety for that time and zero meds, so what I am doing is working[^] after many years of suffering and every 'cure' out there. Don't know whether you are allowed to mention what helped, so I won't, but trust me it helped big time! Thanks Jules, wherever you are[:X]

alicia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information