Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tension headache back with a vengence

tension headache back with a vengence

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

i have been feeling so much better this week - i have had no tension headaches and generally felt good.

until today....

sure enough when i got up this morning i had the funny spaced out feeling in my head and now suffering a bit of pressure.

i am so fed up.

how do you stop it?????

darling you are not alone - I have had that for a couple of days now. Weather affects it as well, make sure you drink plenty of cool water and keep your window open when in bed. What you haven't got is a brain tumor - as if you would think that!!
    As soon as the weather changes again all will be OK.

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

Thanks Clarissa

I just dont know what is up with me! i make it so much worse for myself by constantly worrying and stressing over it...

I feel like i just want to burst into tears!

feeling very sorry for myself right now

Jem27 Guest
    Hun, have you been to see your GP? hypnotherapy is brilliant, if I could afford it id go every week, I had 3 sessions and it did wonders.

Im feeling much better today folks.

largely because i had a REALLY long night's sleep last night!

I am going to try and just relax and chill and remind myself that there is nothing terminally wrong with me and that it is just a nasty tension headache.

I am resisting the urge to go to the docs though.

I know it sounds silly but i kind of want to get through this with my own grit and determination!!

Well done natt for being positive this morn.

I have been suffering this week with real bad tension. At the back of my head, top of my neck. It feels like my head is going to explode and that somthing inside alomost needs to pop....does that make sense or sound familiar?

I get so stressed over it, the doc says it is stress, but i am not stressed only when these pains arrive...thats when i am stressed.

It makes me want to burst into tears with frustration xxx

Hay x

Hey Hayles (and co!)

Yeah - tension and head pressure is the worst. especially when you have to sit at work and play it cool.

i have a little bit of tightness in my head right now but i am refusing to let it bother me and i am just keeping myself v busy.

its weird, i get so upset that i just want to cry but i am literally unable to cry - like i refuse to allow myself. its annoying because crying is such a good way to release....

take care all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey natt,

I know what you mean about trying to get through it without going to the Doc's. It's such a relief to know that other people suffer from severe pain coz of tension headaches too, whenever I read about them it says they are a dull pain - like hell! I wish nobody had to feel it though! The only thing that helps me is a wheat bag that you heat in the microwave. Does anyone get dizzy with this?

"This too, shall pass"

A fascinating thing happened to me yesterday...i was at my friends house and started to get a tight tension headache... i was trying to stay normal and calm but it was most definitely there and feeling incredibly uncomfortable..

THEN i went to another friends house and there were a few of us there and i had a glass of wine. i started relaxing and having fun. and you know what.. the headache WENT!!

it only confirmed what deep deep down i already know - that us people prone to anxiety and panic allow our brains to convince us that we have this and that..... but in fact we dont!!! and if we only let ourselves do something that takes our minds off of it then (hopefully) the symptoms go!!

fingers crossed that i dont get another one for a while..!!

xxxx

Thats great Nat, I had a good day yesterday too. No head pains. I am taking a homeopathic remedy....Nat Nur, its meant for head pains and tension etc....Ihope it works.

Chelle - I use a hot wheat bag all the time. I sometimes stick it round my neck or actually on my head. My husband thinks i am a nutter!!!

Hay x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information