Thread: Permanent feeling tired but cant sleep

Permanent feeling tired but cant sleep

I permamanently feel absolutley shattered as though i need to sleep for hours but when i lay down i cant sleep.Is this normal?

I just feels so spaced out as thought i'm exhausted

:(

hi fiona are you on any meds

I can relate to that Fiona as I'm sure others here will too.

I am not sleeping to well at present and find "getting over" really difficult. I try to do all the right things prior to turning off the light like relaxing, hot milky drink, reading, not going to bed until I am really tired etc..... but turn off the light and snuggle into the pillow and "bing" ... wide awake!! I will then toss and turn, usually unable to get comfortable.... even in favoured sleeping positions. Generally this period is full of thoughts I could do without!! After about 20 mins I will often put the light back on and read.

I have experienced this state off and on for years and it is at its highest when I am really "stressed out". Currently I have started taking 20mg of Citalopram first thing in the morning and I find by the afternoon I am shattered. I try to keep going but struggle and will often fall into a deep sleep for around 15-20 mins.

Fortunately I don't work at present so it doesn't interfere too much other than possibly disturb my partner whilst I toss and turn!!!

Laisez les bon temp roulez

no i'm not on any meds at the moment.

Its that feeling where i need to lie down cos i'm so shattered

Hi

I think the majority of anxiety sufferers or people under huge amounts of stress feel the same thing.

I am also on Citalopram and could sleep for england but like you as soon as my head hits that pillow My wind strats whirling and I cannot focus on what I actually laid down for, which is to sleep.

A lot of people try the relaxation music Cd's which do help to calm and relax and this does I find help with relax you enough to allow you to sleep.

There are lots of tips on the types of music you can use on the forum and it might be worth ordering some from amazon or even ebay I believe sells them.

Its good your managing to cope without medication but if none of the above works for you I do suggest you call your doctor.

Sue

scknight

Hi fiona,anxiety and depression can make you feel like this.

Ellen XX

hi id go and see your gp he may be able to help you,i tried to stay awake most of the time when i was really bad with panic i used to drink red bull in order to stay awake,without much sleep just makes you feel worse my doctors gave me something to help me sleep i had no choice i had to sleep and slowly i started to feel better its amazing how better you will feel by having a good nights sleep without meds i will not sleep and it just makes me feel a lot worse,meds may help you for a while untill you are feeling better,good luck
    jackie

Thread Information