Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: does anyone do this?

does anyone do this?

hi all,
    this sounds really wierd but do any of you imagine being scared, like imagine the panic rising as if you are doing it to yourself, like testing yourself or am i just nuts?
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Yeah!! Don't worry, I do that to myself too! It's a negative thought thing and you can re-programme youself to stop doing it

Mo x

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn......

Julie

We mostly do this when we are learning to recover and are at the point when we can test ourselves - just to be sure that it is your thoughts that causes the panic to rise.

Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    Its happening again !
    Things to consider for success!
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Thoughts
    image projection in my mind
    You all may find this interesting......
    You need to know this will ease the added pressure
    What is fear?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

proactiveness, positivity, persistence, perseverance and practice = progress

PHEW.......I love this site.....i thought i was the only one.

I am always testing myself and sort of trying to bring on an attack. I know it is clearly a very stupid thing to do but i sort of like the power i have sometimes......weird i know.

Glad i am not the only one then.

PHEW.......I love this site.....i thought i was the only one.

I am always testing myself and sort of trying to bring on an attack. I know it is clearly a very stupid thing to do but i sort of like the power i have sometimes......weird i know.

Glad i am not the only one then.

In hypnotherapy this is one of the techniques I have been encouraged to use. Both in a trance with ny therapist and when I put myself in a trance I have to imagine being in the situations that induce the panic and fear. Eventually the feeling of panic starts to subside

Wow, I'm glad u posted this juju.

I've been feeling ok for a few weeks, but then last couple of nights was a bit edgy, feeling anxious. I started to wonder if my body had got so used to the dose of meds that I need to go up a dose again like last time. But last time I had a v bad panic before seeing my GP.

Today I felt dizzy after standing up too quickly (I've read your link now Meg). And yes I did think uh oh its the panic coming back. Now I feel like I'm looking over my shoulder waiting for it to happen.

I will try to get back to that positive thought pattern of looking at how well I'm doing instead of the other way around.

Thanks.

Lisa.

god thanks for all your replies, and thanks meg for the links.
    its good to know its not just me, but you know what its as if i am taking back control and have realised just how much neg thinking i have been doing and im so aware of myself now that i turn the negs around and i replace them with happy images of how i was and say a few words to myself and this is really working the negs are def calming down, i suppose its just about retraining the brain maybe? all i know is its all about the thoughts its never anything else not places/people- nothing.
    the only thing ive got to shake off is that feeling of apprehension every now and then as if something bad or scary is going to happen like im waiting for it any tips?
    julie

hi juju yes i do i do this alot and megs reply has made me feel so good saying that its when we are learning to recover.maybe we are getting there and there is a end.take care tracy

i hope so trac
    i am so not gonna take anything for granted anymore
    julie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information