Well, this morning I hit new depths of anxiety regarding the fact that I had convinced myself that the kidney cancer my father had in his late thirties was inevitably inherited and growing inside me, naturally I developed a whole host of aches and pains to accompany this thought.

Well this morning, much to my wife's disapproval (feeding anxiety and all that) I booked an upper abdominal ultrasound - I was quite scared. Anyway the tall and the short of it is that there is no problem with my kidneys at all, or in fact my spleen, pancreas or aortic valve (although she had trouble finding my pancreas and had to use some force some pressure so am aching now . The only thing she picked up was evidence of fat infiltration of my liver. Initially my anxiety kicked in and she pretty much said it wasn't too much to worry about and could largely be resolved by living a healthier lifestyle. (I could do with losing a couple of stone and exercising more if I am honest.

Does that sound about right? Sounds like something to keep a watching brief on? I have a drs appointment on Friday to discuss my anxiety and she suggested getting them to check cholesterol as I have a strong family history of heart disease.

So I am determined to strike off Dr Google and allow the drs to diagnose me in future and stick to what I am good at (ironically a commissioner in the NHS!)