Hi.
I need some help. I'm afraid I haven't been on here for a long time, but I'm asking for your help please.
I fear my panics so badly that I am not able to be on my own at all. To the point that my poor husband can't even go to the toilet in a public place and every time he goes to work he has to drop me at someone's house on his way to work and pick me up at the end of the day. this sometimes means a 2 and a half hour journey for him before and after a full day's work :-(
I desperately want to get better but it is so scary. I am with my mum today and she wants to help, but we just tried her driving to the post box up the road (less than 2 minutes it would have been), but I was so scared before they went that I just couldn't let them go.
I am wondering about doing flooding/immersion therapy.
I have been considering it for a while and I am getting really desperate now, I think it is the only way I am going to get truly better. I have tried graded exposure and just get to a point where I can't do anymore.
My fear is that I will panic. I'm pretty sure that I don't worry about dying anymore.
Despite my earlier failure, I am wondering about distracting myself in a shop while my mum drives off and then I will have to walk back to hers (about a 20 minute walk uphill). I will surely panic but I will see that it does stop and that I can physically walk back here afterwards.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
I hope to do it later today.
Kate