Thread: So scared

So scared

I havent posted in a long time as my anxiety was going "ok"

Short story... Since 2007 i have suffered visuall disturbances. Flickering dots and only what i can describe as "dream like" vision. Now all doctors assured me it was nothing & opticians said all was ok withy eyes.
    The past month it seems my vision has gotton worse i feel like im walking in a dream, i have sensitivity to light, flickering in both eyes CONSTANTLY. I rarely have a headache now but sometimes i do. Nothing major.

I saw the doctor 10 days ago but i asked to be referred to a neuro as i am 100% certain i have a terminal brain tumour and/or its causing me to slowly go blind.
    I cry all the time im 27 with 2 young kids. My mums fed up of my going on about it & my husbands fed up too. I cant not stop worrying! Anyway dr said i will be having an mri scan on my head as he thinks that will ease my mind... However my optician yesterday said all looked normal and he thinks maybe somethings causing the symptoms further back in my head!!! Oh great!! Brain stem cancer?! I have bad vision in one eye anyway all my life as i was born with a stigmatism, my left eye is now making me have slight double vision. My eyesight seems worse too.

I just no im going to die.

Re: So scared

Hello Charlie 123. Sorry that you are feeling so down right now. From what you describe this does not sound like a brain tumour. How do I know because I had a brain tumour and the symptoms were very different. Anyway I have survived that although it has left me with very bad HA. Your doctor is doing the right thing to get you an MRI scan to reassure you. I should also say I work in a Health Centre and if they even suspected you had a brain tumour you would not be waiting for an MRI scan but would have been sent for one straight away. Hope this gives you some comfort.

Re: So scared

Thanks for your reply & im sorry you suffered a brain tumour, im glad you are ok i have had symptoms since 2003 when i woke up with a numb arm.... Ever since i kind of worried.. 2006 vision changes & headaches. I saw a neuro and he told me i had migraine. 2007 i started having flicering dots... And now in 2024 im still having it and now double vision (past week) howeveru optician told me there looks like there is no abnormalities behind my eyes or anything it all looks normal and he "thinks" it sounds like its being caused by something further back in my head.... Yet no doctor ever suggested this! Im having mixed messages :(

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Thread Information