Thread: Seeing Black Spots... Terrified high blood pressure

Seeing Black Spots... Terrified high blood pressure

So... This morning my black spots have become worse, terrified that this means I have high blood pressure, currently take 10mg beta blocker, would this be enough to keep blood pressure down? My hands are swollen, have been for a while last blood pressure was 120/90 which GP said was completely normal and nothing to worry about. Need to point out my actual fingers are not swollen just the pads of my hands if that makes sense..... Constant headach too, I did read somewhere that headaches with high blood pressure is a mith (more thanks to good old Google)... Resisting the urge to Google symptoms ATM :-(

Re: Seeing Black Spots... Terrified high blood pressure

Can you describe these spots because ive been gettin these and when my eyes are open and closed. They just come and go its really worrying me. Who told you its linked to high blood pressure?

I think I may have read it somewhere but also read that they can be a symptom of stress and anxiety so don't want to worry anyone else! I am mentioning them to my GP today so will you know.
    I have them all the time (when eyes r open and closed), just floating black dots really, they move around.

Sounds like you are referring to "eye floaters"

They are so very common! They are vitreous humour specks (which are tiny specks of a jelly like substance that exists in your eyes)

They increase as you get older and almost everyone will get them!

Unless there is a HUGE increase immediately of these - they are completely normal.

Ask your Dr about them

Yes i have read theyre normal but apparently they cant be seen when eyes are closed so i dunno its strange. It would suprise me if it stress related but i worry about my bp :( and mine are the same they float for a short time then disappear...sometimes they start off faded and then get darker and others have light ring around them. Really strange x

Just to reassure you my blood pressure was fine, 85/120 which is excellent for me (think I got the numbers around the right way!) I am a little anemic though which GP said is easily solved and may explain the black spots in my vision. My advice would be NOT to worry (I know easier said than done) but to visit GP for simple blood test to determine whether your iron is low. Otherwise I agree, defo a symptom of Stress :-(

Take care xxx

Hi
    Well i have had low iron before so i need to get it checked. When my iron was lower i didnt have it as bad as i do now unless its lower than before. I will get this looked at thanks.

Thread Information